5/25 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

Just now, Kalapse said:

Just want to make sure I get as many posts in the game thread as possible. You guys think I'm a real fan, right? RIGHT?

Who played SS for the 1983 White Sox...quick.

This game SHOULD be a pitching duel.  But we've seen potential pitching duels turn into offensive onslaughts before.  I'm thinking the Sox score a couple early, and Giolito has a solid start.  Bullpen covers 2+ innings, including a clean 9th from Hendriks.  Sox win 3-1.

53 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

You JUST got off of a suspension, and this is how you want to come back?  By all means, dig the hole.

You get suspend by asking when his power will return? 
by the way I was right. Hasn’t a meaningful homer since April. Dude needs to hit for power in the 5th spot 

Edited by Greydawgfan1
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

by the way I was right. Hasn’t a meaningful homer since April. Dude needs to hit for power in the 5th spot 

As long as he is hitting the ball it's fine. Not many guys behind him I would switch him with anyway (until Vaughn starts hitting more consistently anyway).

7 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

As long as he is hitting the ball it's fine. Not many guys behind him I would switch him with anyway (until Vaughn starts hitting more consistently anyway).

Agreed but if Vaughn is now gonna start hitting for power I’d rather switch them 

9 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Who wants to see Hendriks stomping around and swearing after a bad Joe West call and then Joe stepping out and staring at Hendriks for an uncomfortably long time?

hand.jpg

1 hour ago, Jerry McNertney said:

I'm not a gambler, so I don't understand the White Sox being -145 against an 8-0 Flaherty.

Home team is almost always going to be the favorite with two even teams

24 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Yeah, that's why you get suspended.

You got off of suspension and intentionally hit the hornets nest, and then played dumb.  Let them sting you then, its cool.

12 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, that's why you get suspended.

You got off of suspension and intentionally hit the hornets nest, and then played dumb.  Let them sting you then, its cool.

So it’s perfectly okay to  say that mendick is an every day mlb player, but can’t question where Mercedes power has gone. Weird rules lol

Edited by Greydawgfan1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Godspeed, bmags. Your sacrifice will not be forgotten. 

It won’t matter if TA hits a homer if the Cards score first. He looked at Gio’s 7.00 era in the first inning and thought it was a good bet. He’s not fooling me!

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'll just share it here:

Cleveland has lost Reyes and Plesac to injuries in the last couple of days. Looks like injury luck is starting to hurt them as well. The loss of Plesac really only leaves them with 2 reliable starters now in Bieber and Civale. Sox play 4 in Cleveland next week.

• Like 1