5/25 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

22 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Wasn't sure where to put this so I'll just share it here:

Cleveland has lost Reyes and Plesac to injuries in the last couple of days. Looks like injury luck is starting to hurt them as well. The loss of Plesac really only leaves them with 2 reliable starters now in Bieber and Civale. Sox play 4 in Cleveland next week.

Wow that completely fucks them.  As bad as the OF injuries have been for the Sox knock on wood the pitching has been pretty healthy.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vulture said:

It won’t matter if TA hits a homer if the Cards score first. He looked at Gio’s 7.00 era in the first inning and thought it was a good bet. He’s not fooling me!

yeah this is kinda accurate but there were no prop bets that really aligned to betting against early sox offense that well.

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Let’s have him prove himself against RHP before we talk about moving him up in the lineup.

Vaughn seems to have some troubles laying off high fastballs from RHP.  Next step for him will be laying off those and getting in better counts.  Seems like against RHP he's usually 1-2.

1 hour ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

So it’s perfectly okay to  say that mendick is an every day mlb player, but can’t question where Mercedes power has gone. Weird rules lol

Acknowledging the Mercedes power outage is directly in violation of the rules!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Blake Rutherford must be looking at our RFer's stats, and thinking "Yeah, I could produce that little, and have way more upside."

Does he tho?  He's little more than a C+ prospect, if that, at this point. Can he play CF?

Super active Cards forum for the game thread:

https://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65513&start=20

They don't seem too thrilled about their lineup either.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

6 hours ago, Green Line said:

Aside from the fight in the bleachers there were apparently multiple other brawls that broke out in the late innings last night.  My friend was there and said he'd never seen so much drunken nonsense and belligerent fans at a baseball game before.  Not a good look hope they tighten it up I'll be going tomorrow.

Smells Like Wrigley Doublemint Gum.

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Does he tho?  He's little more than a C+ prospect, if that, at this point. Can he play CF?

Super active Cards forum for the game thread:

https://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=65513&start=20

They don't seem too thrilled about their lineup either.

You......HAVE seen Adam Eaton, right?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Capn12 said:

Blake Rutherford must be looking at our RFer's stats, and thinking "Yeah, I could produce that little, and have way more upside."

Micker’s got five home runs in 58 at bats. Let’s just get these guys up if we’re going to have .600 ops and lackluster defense all around anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

You......HAVE seen Adam Eaton, right?

The guy with  90 wrC+ playing on one leg and .7 fWAR? Sox could certainly be doing worse.  Careful what you wish for.  The Sox have had plenty of types like Rutherford come up and completely bomb, worse than replacement.  Right now Eaton isn't even that big of a crater.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The guy with  90 wrC+ playing on one leg and .7 fWAR? Sox could certainly be doing worse.  Careful what you wish for.  The Sox have had plenty of types like Rutherford come up and completely bomb, worse than replacement.  Right now Eaton isn't even that big of a crater.

I think you've captured the problem, next step is to let him work it out, not while being on the active roster and hitting 2nd. He is struggling mightily in the last month (.177/.288/.292) and deserves a shot to actually get back to 100%. While he is gone, there are guys at least ready to prove they belong, or to bomb, but we'll never know, the way it is going.