5/26 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

Jack Flaherty was bullied by Jose Abreu and his own defense and chased from the game early.  Meanwhile, Lucas Giolito stuck his tongue out at his friend and former teammate and had another great outing.  Liam Hendriks came out in the ninth with the based loaded and said, "Crikey, this sure is a dog's breakfast!" and promptly struck out the side.  It was a good evening on the southside, complete with a record cup snake.

Now it's time to break out the brooms and sweep the cardinals back to St. Louis.

John Gant (3-3, 2.04 ERA) vs. Carlos Rodon (5-1, 1.27 ERA)

Let's go Sox!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Winning this game could have the unintended consequence of moving the Cubs into 1st.

Doesn't matter what the Cubs do. They are not good enough to win anything major. Focus on the Sox and regaining the best record in the AL. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I was wondering after last night if the quality of mlb defense was specifically awful this year as its offense is.

https://www.teamrankings.com/mlb/stat/errors-per-game

Turns out no. Errors per game are at .58, which puts it at the lowest of last three years and middle of the pack the last 6.

It just happens that the Sox have been horrible with errors while also playing a schedule mostly consisting of teams in the back half of errors per game.

1 minute ago, Quin said:

The time to make that trade was the offseason.

Think the Cubs will move him at the deadline? WIll be interesting if they don't fall off the face of the earth and are still in the race for the division (Lord knows they aren't winning a wildcard with that monster NL West division).

1 minute ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Think the Cubs will move him at the deadline? WIll be interesting if they don't fall off the face of the earth and are still in the race for the division (Lord knows they aren't winning a wildcard with that monster NL West division).

Cubbies only 1/2 game out thanks to the CrossTowners taking the first 2 from the 1st Place Cardinals 😁

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

If they don't move him at the deadline it's a giant mistake. They aren't going to pay him this offseason. Even though they have a shot in a weak NL Central he gives them a chance to get some quality prospects back for their rebuild.

40 minutes ago, Quin said:

The time to make that trade was the offseason.

COVID really destroyed that, as not a lot of teams were willing to pick up cash, and the Cubs weren't in the situation where they could retain it either.  That said, I would love Jerry to pick up that contract for a pretty small return.

45 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Guys, we are in first place the end of May and are about to sweep another first place team. Let that sink in....think about the last 10-12 years of shitty baseball, and just relish these days we have right now.

I was told the sox wouldn't win another series until the Tigers series in June though! Amazing how the negative posters disappear when winning happens. 

• Like 2

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I was told the sox wouldn't win another series until the Tigers series in June though! Amazing how the negative posters disappear when winning happens. 

Oh yeah someone did say that despite facing a terrible Orioles team this weekend lol

4 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Oh yeah someone did say that despite facing a terrible Orioles team this weekend lol

All the "this team sucks, I told ya'll" posters get awfully silent after another series win vs a pretty good team. 

Or the sox can't score off good pitching after they beat Flaherty. 

The hot take city after a series loss makes me wonder if this may be their first year watching baseball 

• Like 1

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

All the "this team sucks, I told ya'll" posters get awfully silent after another series win vs a pretty good team. 

Or the sox can't score off good pitching after they beat Flaherty. 

The hot take city after a series loss makes me wonder if this may be their first year watching baseball 

Yeah...and honestly that series was winnable. It's not like Yankees dominated them all 3 games (besides Saturday).