5/26 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

29 minutes ago, chw42 said:

For real. Everyone was so happy to see him get a burger named after him. And now that he's scuffling a bit, people are calling for him to get DFA'd. It's insane.

Yep, like he doesn't deserve a chance to figure out of his slump...some sox "fans" we have here SMH

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, fathom said:

It’s easy to pitch to Yermin right now if you’re a RHP. Go slow and away on first two pitches.  From there, you know he’s not going to be swinging with the big leg kick so any damage is minimal. 

Yup, his 2 strike approach is actually being used against him right now. Cause he saps any power potential when he uses that approach. 

6 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Kopech or Eaton?

Kopech. That's really good news. I doubt it'll be a serious injury, but I don't think he'll start in that double header against Cleveland next Monday.

Yermin is a folk hero.  Like in all great epics, our hero has to fight through some adversity after it looks like they are all good.  It makes the comeback Hollywood ending even better.  How about a World Series MVP to top it off.  Yerminator 2021...coming to Disney+ next season.

Another thing regarding Yermin - let's keep in mind where this should be at.

Yermin is a career minor leaguer we are asking to plug for Eloy, and so far he's giving us the WAR we need to live without Eloy's production.  Yermin has largely been the savior of this season, offensively. Yes, we all fell in love with the myth and the story and the burger but honestly we need him to hit .270 with 25 dongs, and if he does that - jeez guys we are fine.

The loss of Robert, on the other hand, is becoming more and more of an existential threat. We have some defensive answers but our bench is way too thin and we have a couple of AAAA players making too many appearances in the lineup on a regular basis.

• Like 1

This was about as bad of a loss as 1/162 can be imo.  You're seeing major cracks in the lineup and there's no easy answers.  Short of a trade for a legit starting OF with a history of production -- so literally no chance of happening -- what can you even do?  This felt like the 2nd game the Sox have lost in the past week because a big bopper like Eloy was out.  Needed a big blast today at some point and it just wasn't coming.

TLR was horse shit today.  The bunting is ridiculous.  How about a fucking hit and run if you want to try and stay out of a double play?  We're just giving outs away over and over and for what, to get a runner on 2nd for Leury?

Thank fucking god it's not Michael's achilles. 

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, fathom said:

They just do so many little things wrong 

Perfect way of expressing the current state of the Sox.

The 3 run homer heroes and school yard strikeout kings can only mask core issues for so long.

1 minute ago, GradMc said:

Perfect way of expressing the current state of the Sox.

The 3 run homer heroes and school yard strikeout kings can only mask core issues for so long.

I mean they don't have a lot of boppers in the lineup anymore.  Without Robert and Eloy there's no there there. That's the problem.  The Sox of last year with Eloy and Robert probably win this one.  Oh and it would be nice if Jose was more than just a 110 wRC+ guy as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I mean they don't have a lot of boppers in the lineup anymore.  Without Robert and Eloy there's no there there. That's the problem.  The Sox of last year with Eloy and Robert probably win this one.  Oh and it would be nice if Jose was more than just a 110 wRC+ guy as well.

Jose has a 132 wRC+ and his xwOBA is right in line with last season. As bad as he has been at times, his overall numbers are just fine. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Jose has a 132 wRC+ and his xwOBA is right in line with last season. As bad as he has been at times, his overall numbers are just fine. 

Yea I didn't bother to look at his Fangraphs before posting, clearly.  Just feels like when nobody is really producting it's fallen on him in big moments lately and he hasn't been able to come through.  Guess he's one of the few guys hitting for any power.  Team has bigger issues than him clearly.  

22 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Yep, like he doesn't deserve a chance to figure out of his slump...some sox "fans" we have here SMH

He's going to get one for better or for worse. But once Eloy and Robert come back he better be hitting. 

Just now, chitownsportsfan said:

Yea I didn't bother to look at his Fangraphs before posting, clearly.  Just feels like when nobody is really producting it's fallen on him in big moments lately and he hasn't been able to come through.  Guess he's one of the few guys hitting for any power.  Team has bigger issues than him clearly.  

The average wOBA is like .307. It you're even close to a halfway decent hitter right now, your wRC+ is gonna be higher than 110. 

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Yep and for as good as Vaughn is against LHP, he’s not a power threat yet either vs RHP

I don’t see much difference in his swing against righties. Just today he just missed hitting two homers. Vaughn will be fine. The issue is having a lot of slap hitters, even going out of their way to sign ome to play corner outfield.

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

I don’t see much difference in his swing against righties. Just today he just missed hitting two homers. Vaughn will be fine. The issue is having a lot of slap hitters, even going out of their way to sign ome to play corner outfield.

I think he’s having way more trouble getting to the offspeed pitch on the outer corner from RHP.  But I agree, Vaughn isn’t an overall problem right now. Sox just have to try and start clobbering teams again and stop with this speed and defense bullshit

59 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

This was about as bad of a loss as 1/162 can be imo.  You're seeing major cracks in the lineup and there's no easy answers.  Short of a trade for a legit starting OF with a history of production -- so literally no chance of happening -- what can you even do?  This felt like the 2nd game the Sox have lost in the past week because a big bopper like Eloy was out.  Needed a big blast today at some point and it just wasn't coming.

TLR was horse shit today.  The bunting is ridiculous.  How about a fucking hit and run if you want to try and stay out of a double play?  We're just giving outs away over and over and for what, to get a runner on 2nd for Leury?

Thank fucking god it's not Michael's achilles. 

Agree.  Our big boppers got exposed today on the slider low and out of the zone.  Sometimes we just need to make contact and not swing for a homer.  

I have been arguing for the hit and run for many days as Sox kept hitting into more double plays or wasting outs with the bunt.  Hit and run also has the advantage of opening holes in the infield.