5/26 Cardinals vs. White Sox

hogan873

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Agree.  Our big boppers got exposed today on the slider low and out of the zone.  Sometimes we just need to make contact and not swing for a homer.  

I have been arguing for the hit and run for many days as Sox kept hitting into more double plays or wasting outs with the bunt.  Hit and run also has the advantage of opening holes in the infield.

I would have pinch hit Anderson for Leury.

I just saw it took 3:19 to play a 4-0 game with 11 total hits? Good luck baseball. Baseball is about dead with anybody under 50 they say. I can see why. 3:19??? There were seven walks to go with the 11 hits. Wake up baseball. Boring!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I just saw it took 3:19 to play a 4-0 game with 11 total hits? Good luck baseball. Baseball is about dead with anybody under 50 they say. I can see why. 3:19??? There were seven walks to go with the 11 hits. Wake up baseball. Boring!

Who cares.  You think its boring don’t watch.  This was a really exciting game i was on the edge of my seat most of it.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Who cares.  You think its boring don’t watch.  This was a really exciting game i was on the edge of my seat most of it.

Aren't you the guy that thinks the 2016 team is better than this team? Cmon man. 

Edited by ron883
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

I care. Baseball is dying. 3:15 is too long for 11 measley hits and a few walks.

2 hours ago, greg775 said:

Its amazing Manfred has taken all the wrong steps in an attempt to fix it too.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

Its amazing Manfred has taken all the wrong steps in an attempt to fix it too.

It would help to fire all the umps and start over if they could. Umps are a really bad collection of employees. They don't care about the good of the game. They care about power. They won't speed up the game; they won't call a strike a strike. Very sad.

The man on second base rule is dumb. The 7 inning games are very dumb in DHs.

Pitchers simply can't go deep in games. No pitchers will ever make the Hall of Fame in the future. No pitchers from this generation and future generations will ever make the Hall of Fame again. Relievers simply can't sustain excellence. Starters can't go deep in games. W/Ls don't matter any more.

Baseball is very very boring right now. Hitters work the counts deep then either strike out, hit a HR or walk. Shifts are insanely maddening and dull.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greg775 said:

It would help to fire all the umps and start over if they could. Umps are a really bad collection of employees. They don't care about the good of the game. They care about power. They won't speed up the game; they won't call a strike a strike. Very sad.

The man on second base rule is dumb. The 7 inning games are very dumb in DHs.

Pitchers simply can't go deep in games. No pitchers will ever make the Hall of Fame in the future. No pitchers from this generation and future generations will ever make the Hall of Fame again. Relievers simply can't sustain excellence. Starters can't go deep in games. W/Ls don't matter any more.

Baseball is very very boring right now. Hitters work the counts deep then either strike out, hit a HR or walk. Shifts are insanely maddening and dull.

Which is precisely why LaRussa doesn't care about shifting much...