Yoan is back baby!!!

zisk

He's working counts and hitting it hard. When they won't give in he walks to first base. YM's defense is really good as usual.

When his doubles turn back into homers, he'll be a top 10 player in this league. I'm confident the homers will start very soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Up to 10th in MLB in fWAR tied with Arenado, Wendle, Adolis and Trae Turner, .1 behind Jesse Winker. Just an incredible season for him now, if the homeruns start coming he'll be unstoppable.

Man, Yoan is at 1.9 good for 5th in the AL but Vlad Jr. has compiled 3.2 WAR already.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Up to 10th in MLB in fWAR tied with Arenado, Wendle, Adolis and Trae Turner, .1 behind Jesse Winker. Just an incredible season for him now, if the homeruns start coming he'll be unstoppable.

Man, Yoan is at 1.9 good for 5th in the AL but Vlad Jr. has compiled 3.2 WAR already.

Vlad Jr isn't going to put up 11 fWAR, if he does, well, it will be the greatest non Trout season since Bonds I'd imagine.  

Moncada is off to a nice sustainable 6 fWAR pace.  I think he can finish around 280/380/500 for the year with good defense for the 5-6 fWAR. He obviously needs to stay healthy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

There's no ability like availability, but he's still behind Buxton, Posey and Trout too even though they don't qualify.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TomPickle said:

There's no ability like availability, but he's still behind Buxton, Posey and Trout too even though they don't qualify.

Yeah, considering it's a counting stat I should have taken off the qualification, puts him 7th in the AL.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kalapse said:

Yeah, considering it's a counting stat I should have taken off the qualification, puts him 7th in the AL.

Good on you, too often people confuse WAR as not a counting stat.  Anyways, the scary thing is that his expected wOBA is .393 against an actual of .368.  If he doesn't knock down almost every power alley wall in the AL so far this year he's probably closer to 2.5 fWAR. If he starts getting a little more luck in HR/FB% look out.

33 minutes ago, KrankinSox said:

Because that would be a terrible idea.

Just go with this lineup and tell the pitchers they better get a lot of strikeouts and not many balls in play:

TA 6, Moncada 4, Abreu 3, Eloy 7, Mercedes DH, Robert 8, Grandal 2, Vaughn 9, Burger 5

25 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Just go with this lineup and tell the pitchers they better get a lot of strikeouts and not many balls in play:

TA 6, Moncada 4, Abreu 3, Eloy 7, Mercedes DH, Robert 8, Grandal 2, Vaughn 9, Burger 5

Attendance would surge. Each fan guaranteed a home run ball.

15 minutes ago, raBBit said:

This is a jinx. Worst game he's had in a while.

That said, he seems to be coming into his prime. It's a beautiful thing.

Kind of like that thread saying we had the makings of a juggernaut the day before Robert got hurt. I'm all for praising players for doing well, but let's pump the brakes a bit. It's May.