Updates on Kopech

joejoesox

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

The Sox seem to have a lot of awkward injuries this year. Difficult to explain.

too many guys with a lot of mass and not quite enough athletic awareness. it's an under-rated skill.  Jose has it, somehow.  Vaughn seems to have it as well.  Moncada although his seems to come from always giving 92% or so percent.  Kopech and Eloy are pretty much injury prone until proven otherwise.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

It's amazing that these max effort guys like Kopech don't get hurt more often.  There are a ton of muscles, ligaments, bones, etc. that are stressed when a guy throws upper 90s along with biting breaking stuff.  The conditioning for these guys has to be insane.  Let's hope his hamstring is fine and he can go for the double header.

3 minutes ago, Bad Hombre said:

I think they’re using this to buy them time and see how his hammy responds. Still keeps him in line to start Monday

Are teams allowed to use the bereavement list in this way?  Basically as just a 3 day IL?

Me thinks something actually happened that he needs to attend to or teams would be doing this all the time. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Are teams allowed to use the bereavement list in this way?  Basically as just a 3 day IL?

Me thinks something actually happened that he needs to attend to or teams would be doing this all the time. 

yeah, there HAS to be an actual reason, no matter how convenient it is.

• Like 1

Thoughts go out to Kopech, hopefully it wasn't a parent or someone he was really close to (though I think we would have heard specifics by now if so).

From a baseball perspective, this means Kopech is still eligible to throw one of the DH games on Monday, assuming he is physically and mentally ready to go?

Just now, gusguyman said:

Thoughts go out to Kopech, hopefully it wasn't a parent or someone he was really close to (though I think we would have heard specifics by now if so).

From a baseball perspective, this means Kopech is still eligible to throw one of the DH games on Monday, assuming he is physically and mentally ready to go?

Yes, minimum time missed is 3 days, but up to 7.