GT 5/27: ORIOLES @ SOX

8 minutes ago, raBBit said:

This would never happen. 

Wonder if they would do a DH in Baltimore where the Sox play one of the games as the "home" team...but then you'd be taking away the concessions, sales, parking etc away from the Sox for a game so maybe they wouldn't do that. Baltimore may just need to go to Chicago when the 2 teams have a mutual off day.

Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Wonder if they would do a DH in Baltimore where the Sox play one of the games as the "home" team...but then you'd be taking away the concessions, sales, parking etc away from the Sox for a game so maybe they wouldn't do that. Baltimore may just need to go to Chicago when the 2 teams have a mutual off day.

I don't think they'd do that.  The Twins just took a trip the Anaheim to play the Angels for a single day double header that got COVID'd out earlier this year.  

My guess is the Sox will do everything in their power to get at least 1 of the games in the next two days, and do a DH on Sat if needed.  

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

I don't think they'd do that.  The Twins just took a trip the Anaheim to play the Angels for a single day double header that got COVID'd out earlier this year.  

My guess is the Sox will do everything in their power to get at least 1 of the games in the next two days, and do a DH on Sat if needed.  

I feel so bad for fans that plan their weekends around these games. Such a hassle. Especially for the ones that are out of town.

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

This is probably where the Sox are at.

Given how dreadful the forecast is for the next 36 hours, I don't know how likely that is. September 2nd seems like it'd be a possible makeup date as it is a week the Sox are off Monday/Thursday and have two at home with Pittsburgh in between the off days. Sox then travel to KC. Baltimore is in Florida facing Toronto and then heads to NY. So it'd be a tough break for the O's but they'll probably be 25 games back by then. 

I'd respect the Sox if they made an announcement now;; Due to expected inclement weather Thursday and Friday night, both games will be made up July 22 as a straight doubleheader....etc." They know it's going to suck. 

1 minute ago, flavum said:

I'd respect the Sox if they made an announcement now;; Due to expected inclement weather Thursday and Friday night, both games will be made up July 22 as a straight doubleheader....etc." They know it's going to suck. 

There is no way they’re calling Friday nights game on Thursday morning. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

There is no way they’re calling Friday nights game on Thursday morning. 

Right., because that's they way it's always been, so gotta wait to Friday night to call it when it's 48,, cold and rainy and make fans pissed.

4 minutes ago, flavum said:

Right., because that's they way it's always been, so gotta wait to Friday night to call it when it's 48,, cold and rainy and make fans pissed.

Lol wtf. There's definitely middle ground between PPDing a Friday night game Thursday morning between Friday, couple hours before game time. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

They should just rebrand the Kopech injury video "Kopech shows off breakdancing skills on the mound!" and then I'd feel better

Or they could say that someone said that he was "on fire", and Kopech immediately stopped, dropped, and rolled.

18 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

They get one of the games in and play a DH during the weekend. It's not that bad since DH games are 7 innings, the opponent is Baltimore and Sox starters are dealing.

They're gonna play 2 double headers in the span of 3 days then. That's gonna suck.

27 minutes ago, flavum said:

Friday and Saturdays games are both Tim Anderson Bat Flip Bobble Head games . End of the video has a photo of the bobble head.

If Fry comes back I hope they send Crochet down to get stretched out and start. 

His command has taken a step back this year. I think he can still be effective at in the high 90s rather than 100+ because his secondary pitches are that good. 

He's not MLB ready if he's not throwing triple digits.

Edited by Jack Parkman

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If Fry comes back I hope they send Crochet down to get stretched out and start. 

His command has taken a step back this year. I think he can still be effective at in the high 90s rather than 100+ because his secondary pitches are that good. 

He's not MLB ready if he's not throwing triple digits.

Its probably too early for him to start at a regular rate, and still expect to have him for the playoffs.  I am going to guess they don't want him to go past 100 innings this year, maybe less based on his usage rate.

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Its probably too early for him to start at a regular rate, and still expect to have him for the playoffs.  I am going to guess they don't want him to go past 100 innings this year, maybe less based on his usage rate.

I'm not sure I want him relieving in a playoff game with the current state of his command. 

His ERA is great but the WHIP....yikes. 

Edited by Jack Parkman