GT 5/27: ORIOLES @ SOX

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Sometimes I think you have to be intentionally trolling but then I realize I'm giving you too much credit.

Oh yeah coming from the dudes who think mendick is an everyday player or Mercedes is only regressing because Tony was mean lol

• Fire 1

22 minutes ago, Baker said:

Wait. If the batter was tagged out, does that remove the force play, and the run does count?  

I dont think the force at first is ever removed with 2 outs, even if additional outs are made. Ie we could have seen the legendary fourth out rule apply thats never occurred in MLB.

3 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Oh yeah coming from the dudes who think mendick is an everyday player or Mercedes is only regressing because Tony was mean lol

I've literally said neither of those things, but thinking the sox are giving anderson back to back days off as "load management" because they're playing the orioles is much worse than either of those takes youre criticizing.

6 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I dont think the force at first is ever removed with 2 outs, even if additional outs are made. Ie we could have seen the legendary fourth out rule apply thats never occurred in MLB.

The story that baez is brilliant because of this play is one of the dumber baseball takes of the year so far. First baseman was literally just brain dead. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I've literally said neither of those things, but thinking the sox are giving anderson back to back days off as "load management" because they're playing the orioles is much worse than either of those takes youre criticizing.

They literally said he’s back tomorrow. No injury rest for being sore. But try to argue how that’s not load management 

2 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

They literally said he’s back tomorrow. No injury rest for being sore. But try to argue how that’s not load management 

Soreness bad enough to keep you out of two games is an injury. If general soreness kept a player out they'd never play. Just because the injury isn't bad enough to keep him out a week doesn't mean it's not an issue. 

Load management would be keeping a healthy player out who is fine to play. Jeeeeeze

15 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Coming from a guy is being backed up by literally no one, but laughed at by everyone.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Coming from a guy is being backed up by literally no one, but laughed at by everyone.

Oh yeah because being backed up by dudes who ban people for saying the dude who isn’t hitting for power and can literally play no position isn’t showing why he is a career minor leaguer

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Oh yeah because being backed up by dudes who ban people for saying the dude who isn’t hitting for power and can literally play no position isn’t showing why he is a career minor leaguer

Players are judged on the sum of their sample, not only their down periods or only their up periods.

In 169 career mlb plate appearances, he has a 907 ops. Thats very very good

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Players are judged on the sum of their sample, not only their down periods or only their up periods.

Someone also pointed out yesterday that he's our 4th best hitter this month. Sure he's not hitting for power but you can also chalk that up to his 2-strike approach.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Baker said:

Wait. If the batter was tagged out, does that remove the force play, and the run does count?  

No, the batter has to safely reach first for any runs to count

10 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Obviously, you haven't spent much time on Soxtalk, especially the game threads.

18 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

Yes, that is exactly why people get banned.  You figured out our secret plot, yet here you are on the site that apparently bans people for your opinion.  That begs the question, why are you here then?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

BUT HE SUCKS IF YOU EXCLUDE ALL OF THE TIMES HE WAS GOOD, ESPECIALLY THE ONES SINCE TONY GOT MAD AT HIM!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mqr said:

No, the batter has to safely reach first for any runs to count

I don't believe this is true. There was a situation a couple of against Minnesota when Abreu tagged the bag, getting that runner, then threw to second to get the non=force double play. Stone and Benetti were saying that if Donalson had hustled home instead of dogging it the run would've counted. I think