Jace Fry starting AAA assignment

southsider2k5

30 minutes ago, Tony said:

Does Jace get called up when he's ready? Replace Marshall? 

Marshall & Ruiz are out of options, so Foster is probably more likely at this time.  That being said, it wouldn’t be a bad time to send down Crochet and get him some actual innings.  He’s on pace for ~43 innings this year which means there is zero chance he‘ll be a starting pitching option until 2023 at the very earliest.

• Like 3

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Marshall & Ruiz are out of options, so Foster is probably more likely at this time.  That being said, it wouldn’t be a bad time to send down Crochet and get him some actual innings.  He’s on pace for ~43 innings this year which means there is zero chance he‘ll be a starting pitching option until 2023 at the very earliest.

Agree here totally. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Does Jace get called up when he's ready? Replace Marshall? 

It is probably whoever is hurt or used up once he is ready.  Probably one of the Ruiz/Foster crowd.  Could even be Kopech depending on how serious he is.

Seems unlikely that Foster is going anywhere. In his last 7.1 IP he has only allowed 2ER. In the same period his ERA has declined from 12.79 to 6.59. And he was obviously quite reliable last year.

Does a rehab assignment automatically mean someone is getting called up?

37 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Seems unlikely that Foster is going anywhere. In his last 7.1 IP he has only allowed 2ER. In the same period his ERA has declined from 12.79 to 6.59. And he was obviously quite reliable last year.

Does a rehab assignment automatically mean someone is getting called up?

When the 2 week rehab assignment ends, you either need to add Fry to your MLB roster or option him to AAA.  So not necessarily.  

3 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think the plan is for 2023 for starting anyway. He can't go much more than 60 with his limited inning history. 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think you are giving this a lot more thought than our execs.  Maybe they will read this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ptatc said:

I think the plan is for 2023 for starting anyway. He can't go much more than 60 with his limited inning history. 

Why 60 innings though?  He threw that many as a freshman and sophomore.  I guess I don’t see why they couldn’t stretch him out to 80 or 90.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

45 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Why 60 innings though?  He threw that many as a freshman and sophomore.  I guess I don’t see why they couldn’t stretch him out to 80 or 90.

Because he hasn't thrown that many in a couple of years he only  had 15 or so last year. He has already had a couple of times he needed to go on the IL. They won't risk the health of their 1st round pick.

12 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Thats the likely situation to begin with, limited innings this year as he basically had none his final year in college, next year the QO Rodon and Lynn or lock one of them up and Kopech steps up and Crochet basically takes over Michael's role next year and coming into the rotation fully in '23.

'22

Giolito
QO (Rodon* or Lynn)
Cease
Keuchel*
Kopech

Hendriks
Bummer*
Heuer
Crochet*
Foster
Fry*