Lorretta's Lounge renamed after TLR

DoUEvenShift

3 hours ago, Kalapse said:

A maybe even worse tag to that image, despicable from the White Sox:

What an insanely incompetent business decision. What is the upside here? Where are fans asking for this? How is this going to affect anything related to sales or fan loyalty at all?

Regardless of how you feel about TLR, taking the risk of exactly this type of blowback for no potential benefit whatsoever is inexplicably moronic. 

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

What an insanely incompetent business decision. What is the upside here? Where are fans asking for this? How is this going to affect anything related to sales or fan loyalty at all?

Regardless of how you feel about TLR, taking the risk of exactly this type of blowback for no potential benefit whatsoever is inexplicably moronic. 

Wait what?  You think the sox are going to face blow back because they replaced a sign in the concourse....?

4 minutes ago, Sox80 said:

I think he was saying why even chance it. 

Chance what though.  Raise your hand if you know or cared what it was called before you saw that Tweet.  Its just a marketing gimmick like all those signs are.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Chance what though.  Raise your hand if you know or cared what it was called before you saw that Tweet.  Its just a marketing gimmick like all those signs are.

I don't know.  Apparently it means something to someone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

Wait what?  You think the sox are going to face blow back because they replaced a sign in the concourse....?

It's currently the top post in r/baseball on Reddit, to universally negative response. Does that matter? I don't know if it affects ticket sales right now, but that subreddit has 1,600,000 subscribers, all pretty hardcore baseball fans, so that's substantial negative press with a national reach. Whatever effect it may have is worsened on the heels of the embarrassing top story around TLR throwing his own player under the bus. These things DO add up and DO affect sponsorship interest.

1 hour ago, Sox80 said:

I think he was saying why even chance it. 

Exactly ^

What could they possibly benefit from taking this risk?

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

It's currently the top post in r/baseball on Reddit, to universally negative response. Does that matter? I don't know if it affects ticket sales right now, but that subreddit has 1,600,000 subscribers, all pretty hardcore baseball fans, so that's substantial negative press with a national reach. Whatever effect it may have is worsened on the heels of the embarrassing top story around TLR throwing his own player under the bus. These things DO add up and DO affect sponsorship interest.

Exactly ^

They don't care. 100%. If they cared, he wouldn't be here.

1 hour ago, Eminor3rd said:

Exactly ^

The top post on Reddit Baseball is that the Sox changed the name of a concession stand from some lady that 99.9% of fans didn’t know until today to the current manager? 

Are you joking?  I don’t use reddit but now I really am glad I dont lol.

Edited by Green Line

49 minutes ago, Green Line said:

The top post on Reddit Baseball is that the Sox changed the name of a concession stand from some lady that 99.9% of fans didn’t know until today to the current manager? 

Are you joking?  I don’t use reddit but now I really am glad I dont lol.

Why does it matter if we know the lady? They did it as a showing of thanks to an incredibly loyal employee. No one would expect the average fan to know, but I'm sure as shit it meant a lot to that lady and there really was no reason to change it. Life isn't always, or even mostly, about the big stuff. It is the little things that show respect, appreciation and kindness that matter the most. This was a little thing that likely meant a lot to someone, while that sign means jack shit to TLR, so why change it? The fact that you can't understand that isn't surprising, but it doesn't make it meaningless because you think it is.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

11 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Why does it matter if we know the lady? They did it as a showing of thanks to an incredibly loyal employee. No one would expect the average fan to know, but I'm sure as shit it meant a lot to that lady and there really was no reason to change it. Life isn't always, or even mostly, about the big stuff. It is the little things that show respect, appreciation and kindness that matter the most. This was a little thing that likely meant a lot to someone, while that sign means jack shit to TLR, so why change it? The fact that you can't understand that isn't surprising, but it doesn't make it meaningless because you think it is.

I don’t think the placard hanging outside of a white sox concession stand should cause enough outrage to merit top story in baseball.  Especially considering they named it after one of the most storied managers in baseball, not somebody like Ricky.  Still havent been convinced otherwise, just sounds like more LaRussa Derangement Syndrome.

7 minutes ago, Green Line said:

I don’t think the placard hanging outside of a white sox concession stand should cause enough outrage to merit top story in baseball.  Especially considering they named it after one of the most storied managers in baseball, not somebody like Ricky.  Still havent been convinced otherwise, just sounds like more LaRussa Derangement Syndrome.

What has Tony LaRussa won with the White Sox? His storied history with this franchise, who hung the sign, is nada.

• Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Why do YOU care? This was a very nice gesture from the org that I'm sure she and her family/friends greatly appreciated. Tony doesn't even know it's there.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What has Tony LaRussa won with the White Sox? His storied history with this franchise, who hung the sign, is nada.

Uhhh, you might not be aware of this but TLR already managed the White Sox for 8 years previously and he won the AL West with the Sox before getting fired by Hawk.

Considering the poor track record of the franchise, he ranks as one of the most successful coaches in Sox history based on the Division win alone.

Edited by Green Line