White Sox winner

Chisoxfn

Heck yeah - Cease with a career high in pitch count - stepped up with some big pitches in that last inning. Pen was excellent and Mercedes delivered in clutch today. 

Vaughn, Madrigal, Hamilton and Vaughn all with good games too. Nice win. 

• Like 2

Are we bored with winning?  Only three posts in the winner thread 7+ hours after the game ended?

Nice game from Cease.  He still throws too many pitches, but he is getting better control of his stuff, which is outstanding.  He seems to be getting a lot more comfortable with his breaking pitches and mixes them in nicely with his big fastball.  The K to end the 6th was awesome, and we even saw a bit of a yell from the young man.

Yermin must have been reading this board and saw the comments about him.  He said, "I'll show you!"  Then right before the HR (on a 3-0 count), he said, "This is for the two posters who have always believed in me!"

Billy Hamilton with the go ahead and eventual winning hit.  'Nuff said.

Bullpen covers three innings well.  Very good to see.

A nice win over a bad team.  They need to sweep these guys out of town.

5 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Heck yeah - Cease with a career high in pitch count - stepped up with some big pitches in that last inning. Pen was excellent and Mercedes delivered in clutch today. 

Vaughn, Madrigal, Hamilton and Vaughn all with good games too. Nice win. 

Don't Cease Get it , Get it !

10 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Are we bored with winning?  Only three posts in the winner thread 7+ hours after the game ended?

Nice game from Cease.  He still throws too many pitches, but he is getting better control of his stuff, which is outstanding.  He seems to be getting a lot more comfortable with his breaking pitches and mixes them in nicely with his big fastball.  The K to end the 6th was awesome, and we even saw a bit of a yell from the young man.

Yermin must have been reading this board and saw the comments about him.  He said, "I'll show you!"  Then right before the HR (on a 3-0 count), he said, "This is for the two posters who have always believed in me!"

Billy Hamilton with the go ahead and eventual winning hit.  'Nuff said.

Bullpen covers three innings well.  Very good to see.

A nice win over a bad team.  They need to sweep these guys out of town.

I know I am one of those 2 though I am sure it is more than just 2.

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I know I am one of those 2 though I am sure it is more than just 2.

Yeah, I was hinting at the, if I remember correctly, Yearnin' and Squirmin' for Yermin.

I'll admit I was skeptical of how good Yermin would be.  He's been a pleasant surprise, even since cooling down after an incredible start.  I don't think it's ridiculous to assume he'll end up being a .290 hitter with 25+ HRs.  He'll come close to filling the offensive hole left by the late Eloy.  And, as an added bonus, he pissed of LaRussa AND is still in the lineup every day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Yeah, I was hinting at the, if I remember correctly, Yearnin' and Squirmin' for Yermin.

I'll admit I was skeptical of how good Yermin would be.  He's been a pleasant surprise, even since cooling down after an incredible start.  I don't think it's ridiculous to assume he'll end up being a .290 hitter with 25+ HRs.  He'll come close to filling the offensive hole left by the late Eloy.  And, as an added bonus, he pissed of LaRussa AND is still in the lineup every day.

I actually made a post about his "slump" in Caulfields thread about him right before tonight's game.But in a game thread a month ago ron883 was bragging about him being the No. 1 fan of Yermin and I told him I was , so he said that he would like an unbiased person to check our posts to see who was inquiry/posting/saying good things about him 1st . So I think SoxAce did and he determined it was me. It did not go over well with Ron (I think he had changed his name to Yearnin' or Squimin' at one point) but he asked for it.

Marshall and Foster getting right will be huge.  Also if Fry can get back and let Crochet get consistent work in AAA thins will be ok.

The Orioles are in really bad shape especially if Mancini is out.  They could lose 110+ games in that division.  

In my TLR carrying water moment, how was handling Cease last night different than the GIo start earlier.  If Cease does not get out of that inning and the Sox lose there is much different tone to the conversation today. 

5 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Marshall and Foster getting right will be huge.  Also if Fry can get back and let Crochet get consistent work in AAA thins will be ok.

The Orioles are in really bad shape especially if Mancini is out.  They could lose 110+ games in that division.  

In my TLR carrying water moment, how was handling Cease last night different than the GIo start earlier.  If Cease does not get out of that inning and the Sox lose there is much different tone to the conversation today. 

I honestly don't think Cease looked gassed in the way Giolito did. I was screaming for Gio to get pulled that night; not so with Cease yesterday. FWIW I wouldn't have blamed TLR at all if Cease blew it as I was hoping he'd get the chance to pitch out of it.