GT 5/29: ORIOLES @ SOX GAME 1

3 minutes ago, Green Line said:

Yeah... sounds like you do.

I’ll get on that right now.....

Or maybe you can stop with asinine comments about what a guy wears that has nothing to do with the game.

Just my opinion though. Maybe go get a chain?! See how it feels 😂😂😂

Edited by Nick_Schwam

1 minute ago, Nick_Schwam said:

I’ll get on that right now.....

Or maybe you can stop with asinine comments about what a guy wears that has nothing to with the game.

Just my opinion though. Maybe go get a chain?! See how it feels 😂😂😂

I didn’t even make the comment.  And yes, its just your opinion.  Just like he has his.

Edited by Green Line

Cranky “get off my lawn” baseball traditionalists love to knock freedom of personal expression, at every chance. Meanwhile, MLB demographics skew older and older.

Capturing a younger fan base is becoming increasingly essential for the preservation (and future success) of Major League Baseball. 

• Love 1
  • Fire 1

3 minutes ago, mharkins said:

Cranky “get off my lawn” baseball traditionalists love to knock freedom of personal expression, at every chance. Meanwhile, MLB demographics skew older and older.

Capturing a younger fan base is becoming increasingly essential for the preservation (and future success) of Major League Baseball. 

Shhhhhhh.....

Baseball is strictly business! Show up, play, no expressions, no antics.

5 minutes ago, mharkins said:

Or, maybe, just maybe - some people don’t think the chains look good.  Posters comment on uniforms constantly here.  There is literally a thread just below this one for it.  People comment on everything about a player when they enter the field - kinda what happens on a discussion board.  No need to try and shut down other opinions because you don’t agree.  Don’t act like chains are the only thing off limits.

would also love to know who these young people are that the MLB is gaining because Yermin wears chains. Would be interested to know.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 1

Just now, mharkins said:

In what way does my comment “try and shut down other opinions”? I’m all for thoughtful open discourse... always have been... always will.

“Cranky, get off my lawn traditionalists” isnt really a way to engage with somebody in good faith.  Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

Okay well how do you reason with old people who think their opinion matters when it comes to how people dress. All sports are 100 percent trying to get young people into them so the whole elderly opinions aren’t what baseball or any sport wants really. Him wearing chains doesn’t hurt you nor does it make him look bad

I made a statement about the need to “let the kids play” in order to preserve and (hopefully) grow Major League Baseball. Rather than projecting your overt sensitivity to opinions (with which you disagree)... I suggest you relax and enjoy this amazing team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Thank you Tony, for not listening to all the geniuses on this board.

Happens every game thread .Why is Lamb ahead of Vaughn, why isn't Madrigal batting 2nd, why is Marshall ahead of Heuer. Then it all works out and there's silence from the TLR critics. That doesn't mean I'm carrying a pail for TLR it just means he does a lot right , not everything of course , we know that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mharkins said:

By the way, I’ll turn 61 next month. So this isn’t coming from  someone in the demographics MLB needs most. 

I was literally about to say - how old must you be to think that gold chains are whats going to attract youngsters to baseball.

• Like 1

I was literally about to say - how old must you be to think that gold chains are whats going to attract youngsters to baseball.

You got me... I feel utterly defeated