GT 5/29: ORIOLES @ SOX GAME 1

11 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Why is Lamb not playing the one defensive position he may actually be able capable of playing?

Mendick played well in RF. Would also start Hamilton over Leury to help cover the OF, especially with Lamb out there.

Because Mendick is probably a better 3B. 

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Because Mendick is probably a better 3B. 

Just seems odd baring an unknown injury to Yoan to give him a routine day off for your groundball pitcher starts. Lamb didn’t play bad at third the few games he played there.

Now we will likely see Hamilton inserted into the game in the fifth or sixth inning, with Leury and Hamilton attempting to hit back to back in the lineup, whereas you could have kept Lamb (3B), Mendick (RF) and Hamilton (CF) in all game, and let Leury get a day off (or several). Hamilton’s defense far outweighs any possible slight batting advantage Leury may have.

10 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Just seems odd baring an unknown injury to Yoan to give him a routine day off for your groundball pitcher starts. Lamb didn’t play bad at third the few games he played there.

Now we will likely see Hamilton inserted into the game in the fifth or sixth inning, with Leury and Hamilton attempting to hit back to back in the lineup, whereas you could have kept Lamb (3B), Mendick (RF) and Hamilton (CF) in all game, and let Leury get a day off (or several). Hamilton’s defense far outweighs any possible slight batting advantage Leury may have.

Yoan has seemed to be in a bad mental state the last few days too.  His ABs looked bad, like had no approach.  I get trying to give him a day off here.

• Like 1

I love Moncada, but I hope that while he is sitting on the bench tonight, he remembers what a bad approach he had in 2018, when he did not utilize a "protect" mode, with 2 strikes. He has been reverting to that practice again, lately. Sometimes it appears that he is his own worst enemy. A hitter cannot leave his fate in the hands of the plate umpire, once he has 2 strikes. He has to try to stay "alive," by fighting off close pitches, hoping for a pitcher to make a mistake. It's maddening to watch him take called third strikes. I'm sure that he has been taught better, but for some reason, he has the bad habit of not swinging, as a hitter might, with a 3 and 1 count. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Right handed hitters are killing Harvey, hitting .330, with an OBP of .378 and almost a .500 slugging %. It will be interesting to see if Leury and, or Grandal decide to go against normal protocol, and hit from the right side.

Edited by Lillian

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Don’t recall that, but with his leg history, I don’t mind him sitting out a cold wet night if they play.

Thought I remember him limping a little after running through first but maybe I’m confusing that with Abreu having that strange loss of balance on the double play attempt.

So this is what it’s like getting old.

2 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Thought I remember him limping a little after running through first but maybe I’m confusing that with Abreu having that strange loss of balance on the double play attempt.

So this is what it’s like getting old.

Are we referring you your loss of memory or Jose’s old antics? 

Probs both... 😂

Indians starting Eli “Captain” Morgan for the first time (big league debut)....50 mph winds in Cleveland.  Can’t even attempt to tarp the field if rains come, just have to bag the game.

Blue Jays moving to Buffalo next week, won’t be able to play again in Toronto all season long.