Sox City Connect Jerseys

TheTruth05

17 minutes ago, bmags said:

I actually think the call to mies van der rohe (if that is a real quote) is my favorite part about it, especially given it being so near to IIT.

But the fonts, god those are terrible. 

Isn't just the same Old English font as always?

8 hours ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Can we wear them instead of the '83 throwbacks  every Sunday from now on?

I am with you. The '83 jerseys are awful and only remind me of the playoff loss to the Orioles. The Southside one is unique.

Edited by NWINFan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Can we wear them instead of the '83 throwbacks  every Sunday from now on?

I know it is unpopular, but I hate the 1983 jerseys.  I hated them then, I hate them know.  The block SOX logo is awful.  I like the batter logo that the subbed in on the recent version, but the originals were just bleh.  By far the worst of any of the logos the Sox have had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Meh.  They could be worse, I guess.  The pinstripe pants are hideous....looks like a 1930's gangster suit.  Definitely glad these will be a one-time deal.

Also, considering it's a "City" uni, I think the hat is probably the best part.

I agree. I think the pants are easily the worst part

Like I said in the Diamond Club thread, way more interesting than those atrocious Boston UCLA unis.  But I was pining for white on white, and I can't help but see echoes of those knockoff jerseys you sometimes see popping up on sale racks. Will also need to see the weird off-black background up close to pass judgment on whether it's better or worse than straight black.

Edit:  the response I'm seeing is overwhelmingly positive, which is all that really matters. If these get people excited about this awesome, supremely likable, "game-changing" team I'm 100% on board.

Edited by 35thstreetswarm
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Quin said:

They really should rotate the Sunday jerseys and just do Throwback sunday. They have so many jerseys throughout their history - just update them so they actually fit the players (and maybe ditch terrible collars) and don't look completely ridiculous.

28 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yup.  And they've worn this American Giants uniform before too.  I even picked it up from Ebbets Field Flannels.  I've liked just about every retro jersey design they've worn throughout the years, from this American Giants to the 1917s, 59s, etc.  Heck, I even picked some of the Mitchell & Ness ones up.  Makes too much sense to vary it up a little bit from time to time.  And I really like the 83s too.  Let some of the other unique past uniforms shine also.