Sox City Connect Jerseys

TheTruth05

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yeah I was on the online store within an hour and Eloy was the only player left...hotcakes!

Unfortunately I'll have to wait for the Tim Anderson one. Seems like that sold out in 5 minutes. 

I work within the uniform/apparel design industry so my take might be skewed a little.

I'm surprised that these aren't as bad as I expected and with a few tweaks could actually be nice uniforms.

-"Southside" needs to be more legible it can read at a quick glance as: "Smithside"

-"S" in Southside coming from SOX logo, I like the intent but just doesn't feel correct, looks chopped.

-Hat is bad....just go with the classic current black hat

-pair these with white or grey pants, not black, look like pajamas and too much of that Gangsta feel

-I'm guessing that is a light heathered texture? 

-Kinda wish the player names were in white

As a few others have said these would be nice to replace the GOD AWFUL '83 UNIFORMS

Edited by MEANS
  • Like 1

I’m not the target audience for these, but outside of the number font, these are actually solid. Feared they would be atrocious like Boston’s, which looked like bicyclist uniforms. 

Liked the multiple comments trashing the god-awful 1983 Jerseys, I’d support every player taking the scissors to those uniforms. May as well wear the Einhorn e caps for a cherry on the 1980s era turd Jersey sundae.

2 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

Were you yelling at the clouds prior to typing this.....just kidding.  I think they are fine.  I'd have liked the hat to just have the C on it with that script. 

Yeah, this would have been fire.

This is just from Google image search. I'm sure you adapt it a bit, but it'd be a good starting point.

71dyOYfovXL._AC_UX385_.jpg

• Like 2

When this whole City Connect thing started I had reservations that it would wind up being like the NBA and be all, or lack of a better term - urban hip. I'm not much for "urban", and I sure as hell ain't big on "hip". That's why I prefer baseball to basketball. Or maybe I'm just too old.

Nevertheless, I'm actually ok with these. Hard working, blue collar industrial is the environment the Sox and their fanbase come from and what their attitude already is. The Sox are the one MLB team that can pull this look off and actually be authentic so it works.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, SpringfieldFan said:

When this whole City Connect thing started I had reservations that it would wind up being like the NBA and be all, or lack of a better term - urban hip. I'm not much for "urban", and I sure as hell ain't big on "hip". That's why I prefer baseball to basketball. Or maybe I'm just too old.

Nevertheless, I'm actually ok with these. Hard working, blue collar industrial is the environment the Sox and their fanbase come from and what their attitude already is. The Sox are the one MLB team that can pull this look off and actually be authentic so it works.

Is this real

• Haha 1