GT 5/29: ORIOLES @ SOX G2

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Pulling the starter after 82 pitches while he is doing work in a short game sort of means he was predetermined to be pulled right? It isn’t like game managing.

They may need him to start on 3 day rest. Lower pitch count was planned

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Is Lynn hurt..?

2 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Why take Lynn out?

see below

2 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

So why didn’t LL pitch more?

see below

2 hours ago, harkness99 said:

why did we take lynn out?

for fucks sake Tony can never get his head out of his ass

see below

I don't understand why Lynn is out after 82 pitches. 

see below

we have all these double headers and so many games in a row..

leave the starting pitcher in that has 80 fucking pitches.

Um that's precisely why they took him out.

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

We took Lance Lynn out for this?

2 hours ago, Vulture said:

Why is Lynn out of the game??

see below

What the fuck has happened to Bummer?

Why the fuck did this dildo take Lynn out?

see below  . Not knowing baseball would make  you the dildo.

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

They let Keuchel throw 90+ but didn't let Lynn throw more than 82? Makes no sense.

Yes it does. See below.

TLR doing dumb shit like usual...

Making uninformed comments  , see below.

2 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

What on earth was the thought behind pulling Lynn for this trash

2 hours ago, ShoeLessRob said:

No reason to take Lynn out of the game unless he was hurting. Dude was dealing, coulda pitched the entire game 

Yes there was. See below

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I wonder if Lynn has that same injury he had earlier. He seemed to be trying to stretch it out a few times his last inning.

Hey one guy has a thought other than TLR is an idiot.

2 hours ago, mharkins said:

Unless Lynn is hurt, there is no reasonable rationale for pulling him after only 82 pitches. Lance Lynn is a workhorse who routinely works deep in his starts. 

Yeah except see below.

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

Only makes sense when TLR is the Manager.

Yes it does , he did the right thing . See below

2 hours ago, hankchifan said:

And TLR as well.  Bummer should have never been in the game. Taking Lynn out was inexplicable.  Also bringing in a reliever that walks two guys with a 3 run lead..sucks.

And once again see below.

1 hour ago, caulfield12 said:

The only thing that makes sense with Lynn at 82 pitches is you have to pretty confident your bullpen can hold down the worst team in baseball so that you can keep Lynn as fresh as possible for the second half and postseason.

When can you go to them, if not a 3-0 lead against the Orioles...?

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Pulling the starter after 82 pitches while he is doing work in a short game sort of means he was predetermined to be pulled right? It isn’t like game managing.

Pretty much !

1 hour ago, harkness99 said:

made zero sense with another double header coming up...

And again another DH coming up  is precisely why it makes sense. See below

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

A more likely explanation is that it was another inexplicable TLR move.

Um noo. See below

1 hour ago, hankchifan said:

Would not have been necessary if they let Lynn finish the game.

Most of the comments fall into the Wtf is TLR doing category and only a few actually decided to think a little bit.

It was less than a month ago that Lynn was put on the Il for a strained right trapezius  which he needs to pitch effectively since he's RH

In his last 3 games he has made 111, 109 and 104 pitches. Now look at our pitching schedule recently and upcoming.

5/24 Lynn

5/25 Giolito

5/26 Rodon

5/27 Cease

5/28 Rained out

5/29 DH Keuchel and Lynn

5/30 Giolito (every 5th day)

5/31 DH Rodon (every 5th day ) and ? Kopech ?

6/1 Cease (every 5th day )

6/2 This is where we have a problem . For both Keuchel and Lynn this would be an every 4th day start. So one of them may be pitching on short rest unless the Sox want to give Lopez or someone else a start. The likely candidate is Lynn which would explain why he was taken out after 82 pitches.

Also it could be his trapezius was acting up again. Please try to remember the manager has other things to think about besides the current game situation unlike most of you. 2 Double headers in 3 days tends to screw up your starting pitching rotation.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 2

3 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

its because lynn is going to pitch on 3 days rest - evidently he explained this on post game.

Well duh  for all of you who questioned it so severely . Some of us can actually think for ourselves. Do I hear any I am the idiot and not TLR ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well duh  for all of you who questioned it so severely . Do I hear any I'm sorry Tony's ?

i like how you made a post with about 20 quote or whatever on it = just looking for a fight.

lol... good job man

4 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Well duh  for all of you who questioned it so severely . Some of us can actually think for ourselves. Do I hear any I am the idiot and not TLR ?

Honestly?  That's worse. He's already had injury issues this year.  Even if you have to punt on a game using someone like Stiever or ReyLo, don't risk Lynn.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

i like how you made a post with about 20 quote or whatever on it = just looking for a fight.

lol... good job man

I'm not looking for a fight . It just amazes me that so many of you would say it makes no sense and blame the Manager. It's like you know nothing about baseball. Let's just call it a teaching moment rather than picking a fight.

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I'm not looking for a fight . It just amazes me that so many of you would say it makes no sense and blame the Manager. It's like you know nothing about baseball. Let's just call it a teaching moment rather than picking a fight.

yes you are - im falling for it because cheap entertainment.

4 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

haha ya i know... cracking me up

I especially love the attempt at shaming (by copying and pasting as many comments as possible)... with the obvious attempt to add weight to his TRL (postgame comments backed) assertion.

9 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

nah you just heard him on the post game like everyone else - 

Nah I'm in California I don't get to hear the post game and that long post took a while to make because i had to check the schedule , who pitched , who was due to pitch the next games and see what date the the problems showed up. Once again clueless. You really should quit while you're behind and admit you jumped the gun otherwise you are the one picking the fight.

• Like 1

Just now, mharkins said:

I especially love the attempt at shaming (by copying and pasting as many comments as possible)... with the obvious attempt to add weight to his TRL (postgame comments backed) assertion.

honestly one of the more douchenozzle efforts I've ever seen on a message board.

• Like 1

Just now, mharkins said:

So no one else ever calls out people who are so obviously wrong ? I mean seriously you have no leg to stand on.

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Nah I'm in California I don't get to hear the post game and that long post took a while to make because i had to check the schedule , who pitched , who was due to pitch the next games and see what date the the problems showed up. Once again clueless. You really should quit while you're behind and admit you jumped the gun otherwise you are the one picking the fight.

yeah okay

Just now, Green Line said:

The doubters only make LaRussa stronger, his managerial skills are sharpening every week.  Like a stallion coming out of retirement.

Yes, because I can see Tony LaRussa rolling through internet message boards worried what people have to say about him.  Good lord, project much?

• Haha 1