And That’s 2 White Sox Winners!

bmags

12 minutes ago, greg775 said:

He's made a couple maddening mistakes (like ALL managers do). Mysteriously Marshall has pitched better since the night I got so upset about Tony putting him in. As of now, I'd agree with Tannerfan. La Russa is doing a good job. Part of baseball is beating bad teams and somehow win when key guys get injured. Keep it up, Tony. Make some of us critics look dumb. Nice to win both games of the DH today. 

Negatives so far: Throwing Yermin under the bus. Conceding that one game by putting in Marshall. Positives: The team's record.

Most fans not seeing the games...if told of the injuries to Eloy/Robert/Engel would have presumed our record to be sub.500 I would guess.  Mercedes and Rodon have been extrodinary and every player on the team has contributed along the way IMO,  The team chemistry is off the charts and I give lots of credit to Tim, Jose, and yes...TL.

• Like 5

Just now, harkness99 said:

yeah didn't see that but was guessing thats where people got that from.

Just saw all the hot takes in the game thread from the anti TLR guys, but yea, if that's the case was a good move. 

A few of those balls were borderline but Bummer really needs to get his stuff together.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Just saw all the hot takes in the game thread from the anti TLR guys, but yea, if that's the case was a good move. 

A few of those balls were borderline but Bummer really needs to get his stuff together.

yeah i didnt like it.. but knowing that was the reason then it makes sense.

Yeah bummer has to stop walking guys.

Edited by harkness99

Four Gamer against the Tribe will be a very, very important series for the club. Coming out with anything less than 2 games will probably not insure a lot of confidence in our ability to beat them for the division. If the boys somehow take 3, then they will have a stranglehold on the division. Our starting pitching has been just been great and it is arguably the best rotation in the league right now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Tony literally said that was the case on the post game interview.

And most fans with any baseball knowledge should realize that 5 starting pitchers in 3 days means either 2 pitchers who aren't in the rotation are going to have to start or 1 will  (Kopech) plus one going on short rest, most likely Lynn.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

And most fans with any baseball knowledge should realize that 5 starting pitchers in 3 days means either 2 pitchers who aren't in the rotation are going to have to start or 1 will  (Kopech) plus one going on short rest, most likely Lynn.

A less experienced coach would not have navigated the ringer of this crazy schedule as efficiently.  Saving the starters for short rest is crucial.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

This team is rolling along. Starters right now are killing it. 

A lesser team would have gone on to a prolonged slump after the Yankees doldrums.  But a lesser team as you mentioned doesn't have this much great SP.  There are holes in the lineup on any given day but for the most part the guys compliment each other well and when you have a couple guys like Moncada and Grandal in the lineup they are just going to get on base enough to string some innings together via a walk and a blast, walk and a whatever --  the team won't get shutout or shut down below 3 runs often and with this pitching that's a winning formula.

That said, to compete for a World Series title this team absolutely needs Robert and Eloy healthy. I think every team would.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

\Jomboy love:

I like jomboy just for the lip reading abilities. Gives great insights on how a guy like Lynn amps himself up in a game. And make no mistake you cannot compete on a high level and be a pussy. Some times you have to be a dick . Ask Michael Jordan's team mates about it. He did what he felt he had to do to get guys wanting to win as bad as he did.

On your friends softball team guys like that are assholes. All you want to do is get some exercise not look too foolish or incompetent and stay uninjured so you can work the next day.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 hour ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I like jomboy just for the lip reading abilities. Gives great insights on how a guy like Lynn amps himself up in a game. And make no mistake you cannot compete on a high level and be a pussy. Some times you have to be a dick . Ask Michael Jordan's team mates about it. He did what he felt he had to do to get guys wanting to win as bad as he did.

On your friends softball team guys like that are assholes. All you want to do is get some exercise not look too foolish or incompetent and stay uninjured so you can work the next day.

Dude cracks me up. Hope he’s here until 2023 or 2024.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

If you would have told me that Sox fans would be chanting Billy Hamiltons name at a game...

Okay, so many of Billy's ground balls barely make it out to the short stop. But he seems to have fun out there. For a fan, fun should be part of the experience. Shouldn't we be having fun? I love the chants.

• Like 1