- Luis Robert wasn’t yet on the team

- Nick Madrigal wasn’t yet in the team

- Andrew Vaughn wasn’t yet on the team

- Adam Engel had just started to destroy LHP but most still disliked him

- Jose Abreu wasn’t an MVP winner

- Jimenez had just hit that 600 ft homer some times before

- Luis Robert and Jimenez had not yet been lost for year 🥺

- Yermin Mercedes had a 1.000 OPS in Charlotte but most of us shrugged it off

- AJ Reed was playing baseball for us...

- Garret Crochet was in college

but ... TA was leading the way for his batting title, Moncada was having a star season, and Abreu was leading league in RBIs, so some stuff will be familiar.

Please TLR, let me see some of the guys I want today

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

My first game.

Hurt my head thinking about this.

The last time I went to a Sox game:

- Ross Detwiler was pitcher

- Luis Robert wasn’t yet on the team

- Nick Madrigal wasn’t yet in the team

- Andrew Vaughn wasn’t yet on the team

- Adam Engel had just started to destroy LHP but most still disliked him

- Jose Abreu wasn’t an MVP winner

- Jimenez had just hit that 600 ft homer some times before

- Luis Robert and Jimenez had not yet been lost for year 🥺

- Yermin Mercedes had a 1.000 OPS in Charlotte but most of us shrugged it off

- AJ Reed was playing baseball for us...

- Garret Crochet was in college

but ... TA was leading the way for his batting title, Moncada was having a star season, and Abreu was leading league in RBIs, so some stuff will be familiar.

Please TLR, let me see some of the guys I want today

Shitty lefty on the mound, so hopefully you see most of the normal guys.  My guess is the only major exceptions are Collins at catcher and Billy the kid in CF.

• Like 1

Turns out I was faulty in one thing, this Eloy homer I remembered was in June.

I just remember walking to that part of CF and thinking how there was no way it was only 470.

That Nats / Sox series was incredible baseball in 2019 and set the nats off on their tear en route to a world series

4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Shitty lefty on the mound, so hopefully you see most of the normal guys.  My guess is the only major exceptions are Collins at catcher and Billy the kid in CF.

Would be thrilled with that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Flash said:

Some fun offensive stats to build upon....

1) Abreu leads MLB in RBI

2) Moncada #4 in MLB in OBP

3) Mercedes #6 in MLB in BA

4) Grandal #2 in MLB in walks

Obviously we have a great record and great run differential so none of this is shocking but fun to look at fangraphs team leaderboards where Sox are:

1st in hitting fWAR

1st in pitching fWar (bullpen top 5 btw)

6 in fielding

This year has been so crazy but even in places where it felt like Sox were struggling (bullpen, may offense) other teams are struggling so so much more.

For example, Colorado scored like 10 total runs its last 7 games

• Like 4

It’s really time for Giolito to get things going.  He’s currently sporting a 3.99 FIP on the season and his xwOBA would put him in the 56th percentile, which is obviously down significantly vs. the prior two seasons.  He simply isn’t getting as many K’s & whiffs as he normally does.

As I’ve mentioned previously, I think Lucas has been battling some minor release point issues that have impacted his command.  Perhaps coinciding with that is a huge drop-off in the productivity of his slider.  His whiff rate on the pitch is down 17 points and the xSLG is up 100 points.  He’s definitely hung a bit too many center cut this year and that’s resulted in some serious hard contact.  However, it’s not just meatballs that are the problem.  Last year he threw nearly 40% of his sliders in the three quadrants outside the zone that are down & away from the batter, whereas this year he’s only sitting at 20%.  That’s a massive difference in location and I think again it ties back to general command issues he’s been battling.

The 4 seamer is a similar story with his whiff rate down nearly 10 points vs. prior year.  The velocity & movement aren’t vastly different than last year and I think it’s once again a command / location issue.  Looking at the heat maps, nearly 26% of Lucas’ 4 seamers were in the three quadrants on the right side (batter’s view) of the plate center & up.  This year he’s only at 19% in this area with a lot more pitches coming in on the left half of the plate and nearly 6% more coming in below the zone.  I’m assuming he’s just missing his spots, but those aren’t helping his whiff rate and are leading to more, harder hit contact (barrels up substantially vs. PY).  Again, I think some of this may be mechanical / release point related and hopefully he can figure that out soon.  Despite pitching a little better in recent starts, it doesn’t look like much has changed in that regard since opening day unfortunately.

• Like 5

Lets get a sweep today boys.

Anyone know why Lynn is going on 3 days rest? I missed the 2nd game last night and heard Tony say after the game they took Lance out because he would be going on 3 days rest.....

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Anyone know why Lynn is going on 3 days rest? I missed the 2nd game last night and heard Tony say after the game they took Lance out because he would be going on 3 days rest.....

5 games in 3 days. 

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Same here...I LOVE the Indy 500.  Throw some money on a few racers and have a beer every 25 laps or so and you have yourself the makings of an excellent Sunday.

I'm not old enough to buy beer and I'm the designated driver anyway. Just got to our seats about 10 min ago.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

I'm not old enough to buy beer and I'm the designated driver anyway. Just got to our seats about 10 min ago.

One day you will appreciate the wonders of the Indy 500 + gambling + alcohol, but until then just enjoy the race!  My buddy’s wife is from Indy and they go every year and love being there in person.  Who you liking today?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

One day you will appreciate the wonders of the Indy 500 + gambling + alcohol, but until then just enjoy the race!  My buddy’s wife is from Indy and they go every year and love being there in person.  Who you liking today?

Scott Dixon is the overwhelming favorite but I'm tired of him winning everything. Would love to see an Andretti or Carpenter car win.

18 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

5 games in 3 days

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic