GT 5/31 G2: SOX @ INDIANS

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Just put him 8th in the order. Hit tool sucks too much for 2nd

His K rate has skyrocketed over the last few weeks.  I’m all for taking walks if the opposing pitcher is going to give them to you, but at some the league will adjust and you need to learn how to make some contact.  Grandal has got to make some adjustments here pretty soon, because I don’t think this overly passive approach is sustainable.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

His K rate has skyrocketed over the last few weeks.  I’m all for taking walks if the opposing pitcher is going to give them to you, but at some the league will adjust and you need to learn how to make some contact.  Grandal has got to make some adjustments here pretty soon, because I don’t think this overly passive approach is sustainable.

He’s batting under .100 this year when he falls behind 0-1 in the count.  Amazing that he’s going to end this month possibly with only two non homers.

Just now, NCsoxfan said:

I just love how much people $itch and moan on this board for a 33-20 team. Calm tf down people 

It’s really only been one person about Yermin today and a lot about Mr. .130

Edited by fathom

13 hits the entire year, Grandal may very well be the worst player I can remember over a 2 month period in a long long time, horrendous framing, constant catcher interferences 40+% strikeout ratio, just God awful, reminds me of Dunn's first year on the Whitesox

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, nathanbusch said:

13 hits the entire year, Grandal may very well be the worst player I can remember over a 2 month period in a long long time, horrendous framing, constant catcher interferences 40+% strikeout ratio, just God awful, reminds me of Dunn's first year on the Whitesox

But his BABIP stays low and people remain optimistic he will turn it around if he just strikes out every AB!!

All this stuff going back and forth about Mercedes and Grandal, just realize there aren't a lot of good options right now:

OPS last 30 days

Abreu 1.079

Lamb .974

Grandal .895

Moncada .883

Vaughn .733

Madrigal .706

Hamilton .702

Eaton .699

Anderson .674

Mercedes .665

Garcia .643

Collins .553

Mendick .540

The pitching is carrying this team right now, and if you have a day like today when you can't hold the opponents under 3 runs, it's going to be tough to win.

1 minute ago, nathanbusch said:

13 hits as a regular over two months is insane!

7 minutes ago, Greydawgfan1 said:

I kinda imagine the dudes who defend yermin are trump supporters. Would defend him if he went 0-153 just because they like him.

In my case you would be 1000% wrong but I just think you are rushing to conclusions. They need to work a new plan with Yermin before giving up. He is somewhere btw Babe Ruth and Baby Huey. 

2 minutes ago, pcq said:

In my case you would be 1000% wrong but I just think you are rushing to conclusions. They need to work a new plan with Yermin before giving up. He is somewhere btw Babe Ruth and Baby Huey. 

He’s more between old Adam dun and aj reed