Jump to content
WhiteSoxFan1993

GT 5/31 G2: SOX @ INDIANS

Recommended Posts

Just now, fathom said:

He did the same thing earlier in the year when he was playing for singles.

Yeah, he PH Leury for Vaughn that time. Leury struck out. Ironically, Vaughn faced Clase two games later... and singled

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tough second game.  It’s been fun hanging with you ladies and gentlemen today.  If any of you have a family member or friend who gave the ultimate measure for the country, my condolences and gratitude.  For those serve or have served...Thanks!

Enjoy the rest of the evening.  Go Sox!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Yeah, he PH Leury for Vaughn that time. Leury struck out. Ironically, Vaughn faced Clase two games later... and singled

He's brain dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No one mentioning that Leury is contractually obligated to get into every game this season and that was the last chance to put him in. Dummies!

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I take it we're blaming the use of Leury over Mendick (of all people) on hanging this loss on LaRussa? 

OK.  LOL. 

How about spoiling a lead off double in the 6th, with Abreu, Mercedes, and Eaton all pissing the bed? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He's brain dead.

Throwing away a game against your closest competition with Bieber on the mound tomorrow is not very wise.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

So I take it we're blaming the use of Leury over Mendick (of all people) on hanging this loss on LaRussa? 

OK.  LOL. 

How about spoiling a lead off double in the 6th, with Abreu, Mercedes, and Eaton all pissing the bed? 

 

No one is blaming the loss on LaRussa, buddy. Fans are tired of their manager not giving the team the best chance of winning the games.

You do shit like this in a close post-season game and that's a bad thing.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Vulture said:

Right handed hitters batting .271 against clase so TLR bats Garcia for Mendick and leaves Anderson on the bench. That is just god awful managing there

Anderson had to pinch  hit instead of Leury.  We needed a 2 run homer.  Another major factor in this loss was to let Jose Ramirez beat us. Let’s not try that in the next two games pls.  TLR managing did not help either. Old school have to hit lefty vs righty regardless of the cutter.  Same as giving up outs with bunt.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

Anderson had to pinch  hit instead of Leury.  We needed a 2 run homer.  Another major factor in this loss was to let Jose Ramirez beat us. Let’s not try that in the next two games pls.  TLR managing did not help either. Old school have to hit lefty vs righty regardless of the cutter.  Same as giving up outs with bunt.

Every series it seems Ramirez helps take a game against us. Incredible we keep letting that happen, especially considering the lineup he's apart of this year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 games in 3 days....4 wins....that'll work.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

So I take it we're blaming the use of Leury over Mendick (of all people) on hanging this loss on LaRussa? 

OK.  LOL. 

How about spoiling a lead off double in the 6th, with Abreu, Mercedes, and Eaton all pissing the bed? 

 

Nobody is blaming the loss on TLR. Those of us who have commented on the use of Garcia are actually just pointing out that it was the absolute wrong in game management decision by TLR. Its common sense to bring a player to the plate who can tie the game with one swing. We had 3 of those guys who stayed on the bench in favor of Garcia. Learn the game before you comment and maybe give TLR a call and teach him once youve figured it out.

  • Thanks 5
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

So I take it we're blaming the use of Leury over Mendick (of all people) on hanging this loss on LaRussa? 

OK.  LOL. 

How about spoiling a lead off double in the 6th, with Abreu, Mercedes, and Eaton all pissing the bed? 

 

I only hang on TLR letting Jose Ramirez beat us, and leaving Anderson on the bench in the7th when we needed a homer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Nobody is blaming the loss on TLR. Those of us who have commented on the use of Garcia are actually just pointing out that it was the absolute wrong in game management decision by TLR. Its common sense to bring a player to the plate who can tie the game with one swing. We had 3 of those guys who stayed on the bench in favor of Garcia. Learn the game before you comment and maybe give TLR a call and teach him once youve figured it out.

 

22 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

This loss is on LaRussa. Horrible managing.

 

image.gif

image.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

I only hang on TLR letting Jose Ramirez beat us, and leaving Anderson on the bench in the7th when we needed a homer.

100% agree here, pitching to Ramirez with first base open in any circumstance is a bonehead decision. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

 

 

image.gif

image.gif

Oops. My bad. Since you didnt originally quote that ONE post, i assumed you were making a general comment to everyone who noticed TLR made a poor strategic decision.

  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOFHurt35 said:

100% agree here, pitching to Ramirez with first base open in any circumstance is a bonehead decision. 

I also couldnt agree more with this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wegner said:

5 games in 3 days....4 wins....that'll work.

This.  

100%  This. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

So I take it we're blaming the use of Leury over Mendick (of all people) on hanging this loss on LaRussa? 

OK.  LOL. 

How about spoiling a lead off double in the 6th, with Abreu, Mercedes, and Eaton all pissing the bed? 

 

Why not both?

How about a managers that puts his best players in at the most important moments AND having players succeed?

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MeanJoeCrede said:

Nobody is blaming the loss on TLR. Those of us who have commented on the use of Garcia are actually just pointing out that it was the absolute wrong in game management decision by TLR. Its common sense to bring a player to the plate who can tie the game with one swing. We had 3 of those guys who stayed on the bench in favor of Garcia. Learn the game before you comment and maybe give TLR a call and teach him once youve figured it out.

 

Screenshot_20210522-113003_Chrome.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Why not both?

How about a managers that puts his best players in at the most important moments AND having players succeed?

 

Yes, given that this is like the 4th time Tony has let Leury and Hamilton hit as tying runs, you have to figure it may have cost us .5-1 win by now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Why not both?

How about a managers that puts his best players in at the most important moments AND having players succeed?

 

Who's the best player he didn't put in position to succeed today? 

Vaughn wasn't available.    Mendick and Garcia are a wash.   So who? use TA at that moment?   Was he available, do we know if perhaps he isn't dealing with something? 

The micro - dissecting of every loss just to try prove that LaRussa is an idiot at the job is quite tiresome and annoying.    HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, given that this is like the 4th time Tony has let Leury and Hamilton hit as tying runs, you have to figure it may have cost us .5-1 win by now.

OK Nostradamus.

I didn't realize we had Mantle and Ruth waiting on that bench. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

OK Nostradamus.

I didn't realize we had Mantle and Ruth waiting on that bench. 

 

Vaughn and Anderson might as well be Mantle and Ruth compared to lefty Hamilton and Lefty Leury against Clase. Why do you have to make excuses for a bone headed managerial decision? My goodness.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Who's the best player he didn't put in position to succeed today? 

Vaughn wasn't available.    Mendick and Garcia are a wash.   So who? use TA at that moment?   Was he available, do we know if perhaps he isn't dealing with something? 

The micro - dissecting of every loss just to try prove that LaRussa is an idiot at the job is quite tiresome and annoying.    HE'S NOT GOING ANYWHERE.

 

Great. So now you know to avoid game threads because managerial decisions are always discussed no matter who the skipper is, since you are apparently new to Soxtalk.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Anderson had to pinch  hit instead of Leury.  We needed a 2 run homer.  Another major factor in this loss was to let Jose Ramirez beat us. Let’s not try that in the next two games pls.  TLR managing did not help either. Old school have to hit lefty vs righty regardless of the cutter.  Same as giving up outs with bunt.

Mendick should have batted then Anderson for Hamilton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×