6/1 - White Sox (33-20) @ Cleveland (28-24) - 6:10pm EDT - NBCSC/FS1

knightni

chw.png&h=208&w=208ChicagoWhite Sox  33-21, 13-12 AWAY  cle.png&h=208&w=208ClevelandIndians 29-24, 13-12 HOME

6:10 PM ET CLE -140

Probable Pitchers

34943.png&h=90&scale=crop&w=120&location                         40912.png&h=90&scale=crop&w=120&location
Dylan Cease RHP, #84      vs         Shane Bieber RHP, #57
PLAYER W-L ERA WHIP IP H K BB HR
D. Cease 3-1 2.98 1.27 51.1 39 66 26 4
S. Bieber 5-3 3.13 1.21 72.0 60 110 27 9

E20M-Q6XwAQIuqI?format=jpg&name=medium

Team Stats

TEAM AVG R H HR OBP SLG ERA WHIP BB K OBA NIGHT GRASS
chw.png&h=100&w=100 
CHW
.255 267 444 53 .343 .407 3.23 1.18 156 530 .223 21-8 33-21
cle.png&h=100&w=100 
CLE
.217 209 369 62 .291 .381 3.93 1.26 201 512 .222 17-14 29-24

Cease scheduled to start for White Sox at Indians

3:21 AM ET
  • Data Skrive

Chicago White Sox (33-21, first in the AL Central) vs. Cleveland Indians (29-24, second in the AL Central)

Cleveland; Tuesday, 6:10 p.m. EDT

PITCHING PROBABLES: White Sox: Dylan Cease (3-1, 2.98 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, 66 strikeouts) Indians: Shane Bieber (5-3, 3.13 ERA, 1.21 WHIP, 110 strikeouts)

BOTTOM LINE: Cleveland and Chicago will play on Tuesday.

The Indians are 20-12 against the rest of their division. Cleveland is averaging 3.8 RBI per game this season. Jose Ramirez leads the team with 31 total runs batted in.

The White Sox are 18-10 in division games. Chicago's team on-base percentage of .342 leads the American League. Yoan Moncada leads the lineup with an OBP of .421.

The Indians won the last meeting 3-1. Phil Maton earned his first victory and Ramirez went 1-for-3 with a home run and two RBI for Cleveland. Jimmy Lambert took his first loss for Chicago.

TOP PERFORMERS: Ramirez leads the Indians with 13 home runs and is batting .258.

Jose Abreu leads the White Sox with 19 extra base hits and is slugging .506.

LAST 10 GAMES: Indians: 5-5, .234 batting average, 4.67 ERA, outscored by eight runs

White Sox: 7-3, .250 batting average, 2.66 ERA, outscored opponents by 15 runs

INJURIES: Indians: Zach Plesac: (thumb), Cam Hill: (wrist), Jordan Luplow: (ankle), Franmil Reyes: (side), Roberto Perez: (finger).

White Sox: Michael Kopech: (hamstring), Jace Fry: (microdiscectomy), Jimmy Cordero: (tommy john surgery), Luis Robert: (hip), Eloy Jimenez: (left pectoral), Adam Engel: (right hamstring).

------

The Associated Press created this story using technology provided by Data Skrive and data from Sportradar.

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to 6/1 - White Sox (33-20) @ Cleveland (28-24) - 6:10pm EDT - NBCSC

Let's get this today.  I know we did not like the outcome of yesterdays 2nd game but I give a lot of credit to Lambert and Burr for saving our bullpen.  We should be in good shape going into today as Bummer and Heuer did not thrown many pitches yesterday.  Marshall, Hendriks, and Crotchet should be rested.

Let's get a solid 6 from Dylan and pound on BIEBER!!!

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

It would be a great day to bring up Engel and give Leury a break.  

No AAA game yesterday.  I think if Engel was deemed ready, he would have flown to Cleveland Sunday night.  I don't expect to see him today, but hope I am wrong.  

2 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

No AAA game yesterday.  I think if Engel was deemed ready, he would have flown to Cleveland Sunday night.  I don't expect to see him today, but hope I am wrong.  

I think we see him for Detroit series over the weekend.

1 hour ago, poppysox said:

It would be a great day to bring up Engel and give Leury a break.  

Who has options to send down if Engel comes up? I assume it’s not Garcia, but I agree more Engel less Garcia. I think you keep Hamilton on this roster he brings a lot of spark and hustle. 

Just now, quickman said:

Who has options to send down if Engel comes up? I assume it’s not Garcia, but I agree more Engel less Garcia. I think you keep Hamilton on this roster he brings a lot of spark and hustle. 

Mendick can be sent down.

If the Sox win 1 of next 2 games, we should be satisfied. I've always been a greedy jerk though. I thought Lambert showed 

a little in the 2nd game. Still, he should have thrown a less hittable pitch on 3-2 to that lefty in the 2nd inning. 1st was

open and the next batter was hitting .126.

Edited by zisk
spelling

24 minutes ago, zisk said:

If the Sox win 1 of next 2 games, we should be satisfied. I've always been a greedy jerk though. I thought Lambert showed 

a little in the 2nd game. Still, he should have thrown a less hittable pitch on 3-2 to that lefty in the 2nd inning. 1st was

open and the next batter was hitting .126.

The big mistake was pitching to Jose Ramirez with first base open, and throw him a cookie on 3-1 for a 2 run homer.  3rd game in past 2 years that Ramirez breat us with a late homer.  Time to learn the lesson and don’t let Jose Ramirez beat us again. Pitch around the guy.

• Like 1

I'm sad to say it but our record is 33-21 and not 33-20. These losses against Cleveland are tough because they can still really pitch. But that is why you sweep Baltimore and go 5-1 against the Twins. You pad your record against lower teams and play .500 against the good ones. 

Edited by SonofaRoache

6 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I'm said to say it but our record is 33-21 and 33-20. These losses against Cleveland are tough because they can still really pitch. But that is why you sweep Baltimore and go 5-1 against the Twins. You pad your record against lower teams and play .500 against the good ones. 

No - you beat all the best teams always. It's what real bros do. Anything less and standings, run differential, offensive/pitching statistics be damned, *I* am unimpressed.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I'd love if the Sox started at 6:10/6:40 as well.

I would too, but we need the fan support. It is easier for fans to show up when the game starts at 7. We need fans in the seat to support the team and to help with payroll. Saturday games should start at 5 IMO. 

29 minutes ago, 3GamesToLove said:

Dig these 6pm local/5pm central start times during the week that Cleveland has been doing.

I thought it was going to be more of a thing this year across the league.  I believe the Mariners are also trying more 6pm local starts.  Gets the kids home by 11 instead of midnight for the suburban types and really anybody going to the game at 7 can get off work a little earlier to get there by 6 anyways. It's a good idea imo and I hope more teams keep doing it.  

• Like 1

• knightni changed the title to 6/1 - White Sox (33-20) @ Cleveland (28-24) - 6:10pm EDT - NBCSC/FS1