6/1 - White Sox (33-20) @ Cleveland (28-24) - 6:10pm EDT - NBCSC/FS1

knightni

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I thought it was going to be more of a thing this year across the league.  I believe the Mariners are also trying more 6pm local starts.  Gets the kids home by 11 instead of midnight for the suburban types and really anybody going to the game at 7 can get off work a little earlier to get there by 6 anyways. It's a good idea imo and I hope more teams keep doing it.  

Exactly what I am thinking. Most people who work a "regular 9-5" can likely still get to a 6:10/6:40 game.

10 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I'd love if the Sox started at 6:10/6:40 as well.

6:40 would be great. Are there really that many people who couldn't get to a 6:40 start that could get to a 7:10? Wouldn't think it would impact attendance negatively and would help TV ratings.

11 minutes ago, Buehrle>Wood said:

I remember the Sox tried a 4pm start a few years ago to attempt to attract the commuter crowd and it was a disaster.

It's really tough to play at the Sox stadium from 330-530 (obviously it varies on the time of the year). The shadows for the pitchers/hitters and the sun in the CF/LF face absolutely affects the game.

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

6:40 would be great. Are there really that many people who couldn't get to a 6:40 start that could get to a 7:10? Wouldn't think it would impact attendance negatively and would help TV ratings.

We live in Chicago and our team isn't full of day drinking fans during the week. 6 o'clock would work if it wasn't Chicago and we didn't have a second team. You have terrible rush hour traffic during that time and our suburban fans may not want to make the trip. Cubs fans walk to their games by the thousands and have easy public transportation. It isn't easy getting to a Sox game unless you live on the metra line or are relatively close to the red line. 

2 hours ago, zisk said:

If the Sox win 1 of next 2 games, we should be satisfied. I've always been a greedy jerk though. I thought Lambert showed 

a little in the 2nd game. Still, he should have thrown a less hittable pitch on 3-2 to that lefty in the 2nd inning. 1st was

open and the next batter was hitting .126.

I thought Larissa should have walked Ramirez as well. He’s one of a few guys on the Indians that can beat you.  They pitched to him and he beat them.

• knightni changed the title to 6/1 - White Sox (33-20) @ Cleveland (28-24) - 6:10pm EDT - NBCSC/FS1
11 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

Cease and the two veterans (Keuchel and Lynn) seem to be open to throwing to whoever.

Rodon has settled in nicely with Collins, based on the fact he is better suited to handle his slider. Lucas liked McCann the best, has done better to start this year with Collins.

People here took issue this off-season when I stated Grandal’s days of catching 120 games a season are long gone. Doesn’t make sense to kill a catcher in his 30s over a 162 game grind. A fresher Grandal will be more valuable if he’s able to contribute in the playoffs as he did in Oakland after catching just over half (32 of 60) of games last season.

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

If you're gonna catch Collins again, I would have DH'd Grandal and put Yermin on the pine pony, where he currently belongs.  

He will get killed by Bieber today. All he’s gonna do is pitch away and yermin will chase 

Just now, ShoeLessRob said:

If Grandal is only catching 60% of the games this year then that makes the contract look even worse. 

It wasn't a smart contract, but it’s a sunk cost at this point, and it’s not going to be better if you catch him 80% of the time and he is trashed physically come the end of the season. He’s also not contributing much offensively beyond being pitched around to get to Leury.

I’m still not sure how he got hurt this off-season, if he has recovered fully or is still recovering. Perhaps I’ve missed the updates, but I don’t recall any since the start of the season.