6/1 - White Sox (33-20) @ Cleveland (28-24) - 6:10pm EDT - NBCSC/FS1

knightni

I just got back from my Vegas trip and I am stunned. The two teams that had damn near all the jerseys were the Dodgers and White Sox. Our fans were everywhere the entire time. I always make it a point to say hello to anyone I see in Chicago gear and only two if the hundreds I interacted with said they weren't actually Sox fans. The Yankees were third on the pecking order. Me and Mrs. Drake were decked out in Sox gear most of the trip. These are great times my fellow Sox fans. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Cease and the two veterans (Keuchel and Lynn) seem to be open to throwing to whoever.

Rodon has settled in nicely with Collins, based on the fact he is better suited to handle his slider. Lucas liked McCann the best, has done better to start this year with Collins.

People here took issue this off-season when I stated Grandal’s days of catching 120 games a season are long gone. Doesn’t make sense to kill a catcher in his 30s over a 162 game grind. A fresher Grandal will be more valuable if he’s able to contribute in the playoffs as he did in Oakland after catching just over half (32 of 60) of games last season.

Keuchel is the only starter that hasn't thrown to Collins. 

Rodon has a 0.9 ERA pitching to Grandal in 2 starts. 

1 hour ago, ShoeLessRob said:

If Grandal is only catching 60% of the games this year then that makes the contract look even worse. 

Grandal was injured (any may still be recovering) coming into this season. The Sox laid out a plan to give him a guaranteed off days on a schedule to rest his knee and nurse him back to health. I am hoping this is why we have seen so much Collins against LHP (as opposed to TLR just being dumb).

Grandal could have gone on the DL, but instead he basically had no spring training and came into the year stale with the understanding he would get extra rest to start they year. It seems like the Sox are getting him back to his normal playing time, but we lead the league in double headers (I imagine) so Collins is still getting a lot of starts. There is a lot more going on than just looking at the number of games played. 

Edited by raBBit

7 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Rodon has a 0.9 ERA pitching to Grandal in 2 starts. 

Rodon now has 8 starts with Collins, 2 with Grandal. Why would Tony/Katz use Collins as Rodon's primary catcher if he isn't a better option at this point based on Rodon, Katz and or Tony's perception?

Edited by South Side Hit Men

11 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

I just got back from my Vegas trip and I am stunned. The two teams that had damn near all the jerseys were the Dodgers and White Sox. Our fans were everywhere the entire time. I always make it a point to say hello to anyone I see in Chicago gear and only two if the hundreds I interacted with said they weren't actually Sox fans. The Yankees were third on the pecking order. Me and Mrs. Drake were decked out in Sox gear most of the trip. These are great times my fellow Sox fans. 

This is actually awesome to hear. Even if it is just random people across the US that are becoming Sox fans due to the exciting team, you love to see it. 

52 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It's funny cause I had to ask the people at the Aria sports book to put the Sox game on. Saw a few people with Sox hats but I doubt they were fans.