6/1 - White Sox (33-20) @ Cleveland (28-24) - 6:10pm EDT - NBCSC/FS1

knightni

We keep saying the Indians are going to fold, and they probably will...but we need to be better than this.

First time one team in the series won two consecutive games in the season series.

With a $50 million payroll, MLB's lowest, without Lindor/Carrasco/C.Santana/Plesac/Luplow/Reyes...they're hanging right in there with the $130+ million bigger budget White Sox.

Tomorrow looks like an absolute LOCK for the White Sox, which invariably means NOTHING when it comes to the White Sox and Indians in the AL Central.

Mercedes is fading back into what he was originally expected to be, and we're down at least one veteran arm in the bullpen to stabilize the 6th and 7th innings.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Jose is going to crumble in the playoffs. The weather will be colder and the pressure will be on. 

Well, hopefully we'll have a completely healthy Eloy and Luis to relieve some of the load.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Tomorrow looks like an absolute LOCK for the White Sox, which invariably means NOTHING when it comes to the White Sox and Indians in the AL Central.

Mercedes is fading back into what he was originally expected to be, and we're down at least one veteran arm in the bullpen to stabilize the 6th and 7th innings.

No Yoan tomorrow and Lynn on short rest by no means makes it a lock

6 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

Meh, the Indians are a b**** ass team hanging on by a thread, 2 months from now the Sox will be up by double digits in the Central, mark my words

People have been saying this for a few years. They aren't just going to go away. Last year we were 2 and 8 against them and 5 and 6 this year. The numbers don't look good offensively for them but they seem to find a way. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

People have been saying this for a few years. They aren't just going to go away. Last year we were 2 and 8 against them and 5 and 6 this year. The numbers don't look good offensively for them but they seem to find a way. 

Yep. Their pitching is what makes them competitive for sure, no matter who they trot out there in the lineup.

Just now, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I think I might just be missing some of the "unwritten rules" and I had the broadcast muted, but... why wasn't TLR in the crew chief's ear about the foreign substance in the glove?

Idk. That 9th inning made me miss Country Joe.

Just now, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

I think I might just be missing some of the "unwritten rules" and I had the broadcast muted, but... why wasn't TLR in the crew chief's ear about the foreign substance in the glove?

Would be bad sportsmanship. Written rules are meaningless, unwritten rules are all Tony is concerned with, besides giving Hendriks a save opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Donny Lucy's Avocado Farm said:

Cheating is  part of the game, gotta respect it. 

Just now, ron883 said:

Ump wouldn't have called that a strike

Agreed. I think there’s about a 30% chance he calls it a strike. Either way, awful pitch to swing at in that situation. I just posted it in case people were curious exactly where the pitch was. 

• Thanks 1