GAME PPD: 6/2 | White Sox (33-22) @ Cleveland (30-24) | 12:10PM CT | NBCSC

Tnetennba

26 minutes ago, HOFHurt35 said:

Any game we can push to the back of the schedule with OF reinforcements coming is a good thing for me.   Especially for a possible division showdown. 

Yep. We have a much better chance of winning "this" game on 9/23 with Eloy and Robert, trade deadline reinforcements, and Kopech/Crochet ready to start a DH game. 

I am going to Cleveland for that series.  Super bummed they're making it a split doubleheader.  Would have been great to get a bonus game, instead my 9 inning game turns into a 7 inning little league game.  Lame. 

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

I am going to Cleveland for that series.  Super bummed they're making it a split doubleheader.  Would have been great to get a bonus game, instead my 9 inning game turns into a 7 inning little league game.  Lame. 

Hopefully this is the last year of 7-inning doubleheaders and man on 2nd in the 10th inning.  
If it continues, 7-inning games need to be on the schedule before the season starts and be fair.  
Extra inning rule sucks, but start it in the 12th if it continues.

Sorry who is our evening pitcher? 

edit: I was completely confused by sox tweet, which I took to mean that today was somehow another double header and they were keeping the evening game, not the schedule for the september game.

1 hour ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Cool, players are probably glad they called it early as well.  Can go get on the plane and get some rest before playing what is actually a hot Detroit club.

Yep, didn't they sweep the Yankees? Who would've thunk it...

17 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The extra game makes it an 11 game road trip in September, and a stretch of 17 of 23 games on the road between September 3 -26.

Terrible way to schedule the end of the season for the White Sox.

It sucks but we can cushion our record before then. We caught a big break with the Twins sucking this bad and Cleveland being our main competition. Robert and Eloy should be back and hopefully we still have Engel and Hamilton for outfield backup. Our last 19 games are Angels at home, Texas, Cleveland, and Detroit. That's not the end of the world. 

1 hour ago, flavum said:

Hopefully this is the last year of 7-inning doubleheaders and man on 2nd in the 10th inning.  
If it continues, 7-inning games need to be on the schedule before the season starts and be fair.  
Extra inning rule sucks, but start it in the 12th if it continues.

Compete agreement.  I can't imagine 7 inning double headers surviving past 2021. But with Clown Manfred at the helm, who knows.  He's probably is support of moving ALL games to 7 innings.  

Extra inning rule is terrible, but I also think starting man on 2nd could make some sense in the 12th or 13th inning to stop marathon games.  But right away is terrible. 

1 hour ago, pcq said:

I think 7 x 2 is here to stay.

I agree.

My personal preference would be to end games that are tied after 9 innings (or 7 for DH games) by recognizing a tie in the standings.

I understand that a lot of fans want to see a resolution of every game, but I prefer a tie than the ridiculous 10th inning ghost runner rule or watching prolonged extra inning games. Play 9 inning single games or  a double header with  two 7 inning games, and that is it.

50 minutes ago, tray said:

I agree.

My personal preference would be to end games that are tied after 9 innings (or 7 for DH games) by recognizing a tie in the standings.

I understand that a lot of fans want to see a resolution of every game, but I prefer a tie than the ridiculous 10th inning ghost runner rule or watching prolonged extra inning games. Play 9 inning single games or  a double header with  two 7 inning games, and that is it.

Do you research most controversial baseball opinions on google before posting here?

1 hour ago, tray said:

I agree.

No thank you. First two innings in extras should be normal and then go to the 2nd base runner rule 12th and 10th. At that point if neither team scores it is on them. I'm okay with 7 inning DH's if fans get a portion of their money back for the two less innings of play. 

Be careful, if fans complain too much, can see the owners doubling down with 7 inning games & 5 inning split doubleheaders.

They can institute 3-5 minutes of commercials with each half inning and pitching change, increase revenue, decrease game time. Win win in Jerry and Manfred’s eyes.

10 minutes ago, Middle Buffalo said:

Time to re-litigate the decision to pull Lynn after 82 pitches in his last start.

The cancelation wasn't known at the time of the decision.  We won the game.  Lynn will be on normal rest after a light game which theoretically should help down the road.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

No thank you. First two innings in extras should be normal and then go to the 2nd base runner rule 12th and 10th. At that point if neither team scores it is on them. I'm okay with 7 inning DH's if fans get a portion of their money back for the two less innings of play. 

Or Maybe get some free food or other concession stand coupons.

10 hours ago, tray said:

I agree.

I don’t think extra innings will be eliminated.  Walk offs are an exciting part of the game.  Besides is just an integral part of baseball tradition.

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic