6/2 Games

BamaDoc

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Pilkington with 4 SOs in 3 perfect innings so far. He's having a nice year so far. 

@bmags or any other people who follow the minors closely, any reports of his stuff or velocity this year?

I think @DirtySox said he was 93-94 a few starts ago which plays. Hopefully he can maintain late into year.

Just now, bmags said:

I think @DirtySox said he was 93-94 a few starts ago which plays. Hopefully he can maintain late into year.

That's good to hear. I always remember him having pretty underwhelming stuff. I don't want to get too excited since he is pitching in a notorious pitchers park, but some additional depth from the left side is always good. 

36 minutes ago, ron883 said:

That's good to hear. I always remember him having pretty underwhelming stuff. I don't want to get too excited since he is pitching in a notorious pitchers park, but some additional depth from the left side is always good. 

But is he clutch in high leverage situations?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Isn't Sheets pretty bad in the OF? Not sure we see him unless there is an injury or if Yermin continues to nosedive. 

Right now, today, who is the better hitter between Sheets and Vaughn?  Probably Sheets.  Throw Yermin into the equation.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, oldsox said:

Right now, today, who is the better hitter between Sheets and Vaughn?  Probably Sheets.  Throw Yermin into the equation.

A lot of guy put up good numbers in Charlotte. There's no way to compare Sheets to Vaughn or Mercedes. They are both learning on the job at the highest level. Sheets would be going through the same thing without the advantage of 100+ MLB PA's. Don't expect any help from the our position prospects this season unless there are more injuries. Lamb is hitting well and I think we see him a lot more against righties than we have been.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, oldsox said:

It’s Charlotte. Ryan Goins was a slugger there. Sheets’ walks are down, strikeouts up, BABIP is sky high, and he’s not good in the outfield (at least yet). 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ron883 said:

In the away start I watched with the gun, he was 89 to 93. Low 90's for the most part. The Barons don't display velocity on their broadcast, but Curt Bloom said he was around 94 the last time I asked. I'm guessing the low 90's is more accurate though.

Edited by DirtySox

There were rumors from sox he had a velo increase that appear unfounded but I thought I remember at W-S he had really regressed to just topping out at 90.

Because he's a lefty, he has decent chance to be depth but not someone I think is a 40 man guy this offseason. McClure because of his weird height I think could be a bullpen guy sooner than later.