6/3 | White Sox (33-22) vs Tigers (23-32) | 7:10PM CT | NBCSC

Tnetennba

If Engel is back, I'd like to see this lineup tonight:

Anderson 6, Lamb DH, Moncada 5, Abreu 3, Grandal 2, Eaton 9, Engel 8, Hamilton 7, Madrigal 4

Give both Vaughn and Mercedes a break against a tough righty. Also provides a strong disincentive for the Tigers to bring in a lefty reliever in the late innings.

3 hours ago, Tony said:

I have to say....the meatball in me absolutely loves Lance Lynn. The smart fan in me also loves his numbers. I understand he's 34 and he's got some miles on him.....but I agree, I'd like him here for 2022 and 2023. 

I too would love to have him here for a couple more seasons.  I think he is also great for the younger pitchers.  The problem is if he keeps this up, my guess is that someone will offer him 3 years and I doubt that would be the Sox.  

42 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Anderson 6, Lamb DH, Moncada 5, Abreu 3, Grandal 2, Eaton 9, Engel 8, Hamilton 7, Madrigal 4

Give both Vaughn and Mercedes a break against a tough righty. Also provides a strong disincentive for the Tigers to bring in a lefty reliever in the late innings.

I don’t think Engel will be playing CF in days Hamilton is in the lineup. 

24 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Adam Engel, savior. If he struggles, I wonder how long a leash he has on Soxtalk before DFA talk commences. 

General SoxTalk will give him the full Tiggers series.

Gamethread....1 at bat.

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Adam Engel, savior. If he struggles, I wonder how long a leash he has on Soxtalk before DFA talk commences. 

He doesn’t wear gold chains, so he’ll get a pass, at least for a few weeks.

Most here don’t value defense compared to offense, especially up the middle, compared to offense. If he plays a majority of games in CF, shifting to RF (not left) for Hamilton starts, he will be a great addition, regardless of how he hits.

Adam showed much improvement last year  hitting, and is an upgrade over 30 year old Leury Garcia in all aspects of the game.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

1 hour ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

This lineup makes me want to throw up

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

This lineup makes me want to throw up

4-5 Dimensional Chess.

It only works out with dominant starting pitching.  Of course, it makes you wonder what the plan is for Vaughn.  He really should be playing everyday, somewhere.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

On this topic - I kind of think the should buy him a bit of time in the minors given how long he has missed.  A little bit longer rehab stint probably makes a lot of sense in this situation.  

5 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

On this topic - I kind of think the should buy him a bit of time in the minors given how long he has missed.  A little bit longer rehab stint probably makes a lot of sense in this situation.  

I agree. Especially while Lamb and Hamilton are hitting decently.

1 hour ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

The only weak and troublesome starter of the four is Keuchel who absolutely sucks and is our weakest starter in the rotation. Hopefully Rodon's last outing was an aberration. 

Don't forget Cease who laid an egg against weak hitting Cleveland. Reasonable expectations for Keuchel's 4 year deal were 25-30 Starts / 160 IP / 4.00 ERA.

White Sox Starters, last two outings

• Lynn 12 IP 0 ER (0.00 ERA)
  • Giolito 13 IP 2 ER (1.38 ERA)
  • Rodon 12 IP 6 ER (4.50 ERA)
  • Keuchel 9 IP 5 ER (5.00 ERA)
  • Cease 9.3 IP 7 ER (6.77 ERA)

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

For the Rona protocol.

E2-6mQ1XIAAreBD?format=jpg&name=medium

Can’t imagine the outcry if it was Yermin, Grandal or Moncada going into Covid protocols...otoh, many would cheer for Leury to be out 7-10 days, lol.

Edited by caulfield12