Benetti to call Olympic baseball

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Not good losing Len Kasper on the radio side, though Conor McKnight has been a solid fill-in.

Wondering if Len’s radio stint will last as long as Steve Stone’s (a single season) before transitioning to TV full time.

Is Len done?

7 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Is Len done?

No, just leaving radio once again to fill in for Jason once again on TV for Jason’s olympics.

If radio was Len’s long term priority, another broadcaster would fill in for Jason / Steve on their off days. This was all agreed to as part of the hiring process, and discussed publicly in terms of Len’s work across both mediums, and not surprising.

Just like to keep him on radio, at least for a few seasons, before he takes over permanently for Stone or Benetti. 

Radio has been a revolving chair, with Andy Masur taking over for Farmer for the 60 game season last year, and now Len bouncing in and out of the booth this season to fill in for both over at least a dozen games.

15 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I may be in the minority, but I found Len quite boring when he filled in for Steve on the telecasts.  

That is because you had Len and Jason doing the game and that was two play by play guys. The normal booth is to have a play by play guy and the baseball expert/color analyst. lol

13 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

That is because you had Len and Jason doing the game and that was two play by play guys. The normal booth is to have a play by play guy and the baseball expert/color analyst. lol

I am aware.  I didn't say anything about his role, I said he was boring.  

50 minutes ago, wegner said:

Can we get a break from the Nationwide jingle while he is gone??

And congratulations to Jason on another great gig for him.

Actually Steve Stone is the key man in the booth. I will be fine with Kasper with Steve and no Jason. Jason's humor is getting old quickly. 

8 hours ago, KrankinSox said:

Give us Hawk for a series

This would be epic - I wouldn’t miss a game. He is the best! And for a three game span - oh man - he would be legendary. He deserves it too after the crappy last final years of his broadcasting career (in terms of the team) 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

This would be epic - I wouldn’t miss a game. He is the best! And for a three game span - oh man - he would be legendary. He deserves it too after the crappy last final years of his broadcasting career (in terms of the team) 

Would tune alone to hear Hawk torture the Stone Pony for nine innings.

• Haha 1