Vaughn to IL, Sheets up

Tnetennba

2 hours ago, tray said:

I heard a woman say this on the phone to someone while I was in line waiting to get a coffee":

" Stupid people who refuse to get vaccinated.... "

I could not agree more. 

We have no idea if Vaughn is vaxxed or not, but we do know that the Sox have at least 95% of the team vaccinated. 

The Yankees were in the same boat and had a small outbreak. Vaccines aren't 100% efficacy, especially if they all got J&J.

29 minutes ago, Quin said:

We have no idea if Vaughn is vaxxed or not, but we do know that the Sox have at least 95% of the team vaccinated. 

The Yankees were in the same boat and had a small outbreak. Vaccines aren't 100% efficacy, especially if they all got J&J.

Yup. There could also be a medical or religious reason. Either way hope it clears up without incident. It could be that he is vaxxed and this could have made it less impactful. Unless someone says, there's no way to know.

3 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

my Dr told me he's been treating a lot of his patients for long haulers symptoms post vaccination, he said about 1 in 5 are having negative effects from it

not everyone who has been hesitant is some crazy trump/qanon conspiracy theorist

edit: didn't word that well, he said 1 in 5 of his post vax patients are having negative effects, not 1 in 5 have long haulers symptoms

So your doctor thinks 27 million Americans are having negative effects?  Time to dump Dr. Q.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 2

13 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

So your doctor thinks 27 million Americans are having negative effects?  Time to dump Dr. Q.

No, he was only talking about his patients.  Your interpretation of my post is quite juvenile

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

my Dr told me he's been treating a lot of his patients for long haulers symptoms post vaccination, he said about 1 in 5 are having negative effects from it

not everyone who has been hesitant is some crazy trump/qanon conspiracy theorist

edit: didn't word that well, he said 1 in 5 of his post vax patients are having negative effects, not 1 in 5 have long haulers symptoms

Negative effects from getting the vaccine - or do you mean side effects? Cause yeah - that is normal - you get them for a day or so and than you are better. Some get them for two or three days. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, joesaiditstrue said:

No, he was only talking about his patients.  Your interpretation of my post is quite juvenile

Unless there is some reason to believe that his patients are dramatically different than the population in general, or he has a amazingly small number of patients and therefore a tiny sample size, there is no statistical possibility that 20% of his patients had post vaccine negative effect.

What is juvenile and potentially dangerous is spreading false statistics about the vaccines.  600,000 dead and counting is more than enough.  No one should die because they believed false BS rumors, but it will happen.

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, ThirdGen said:

Unless there is some reason to believe that his patients are dramatically different than the population in general, or he has a amazingly small number of patients and therefore a tiny sample size, there is no statistical possibility that 20% of his patients had post vaccine negative effect.

What is juvenile and potentially dangerous is spreading false statistics about the vaccines.  600,000 dead and counting is more than enough.  No one should die because they believed false BS rumors, but it will happen.

Why rely on easily obtainable, verified, broadly applicable data when you have meaningless anecdotes?

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Heads22 said:

Yup. There could also be a medical or religious reason. Either way hope it clears up without incident. It could be that he is vaxxed and this could have made it less impactful. Unless someone says, there's no way to know.

I also wonder if Vaughn was vaxxed.

IMO, all MLB players should be required to have the  Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccination procedure which has  proven extremely effective. No reason to shortcut with the J&J , which is not as effective.  The shot only  take 2 seconds, you don't even feel it, and it's free.

Also, IMO, there is no valid political or religion based reason to refuse to get vaccinated.   Young , healthy, male athletes might have some medical reason to not get vaccinated but I have not heard of any refusing for those reasons.

Most refusers fall into the "stupid people who refuse to get vaccinated" category that the lady I overheard while in line at the coffee shop was complaining about.

• Thanks 1