White Sox Winner! 1st Game of the Infamous Trap Series!

ron883

Just now, Soxbadger said:

I think its completely unintentional but Larussa being Dean Wormer works great for this team.

totally.  it's the perfect vibe.  in a way it's the same shit ozzie did when he had good teams.  completely different style, perhaps absolutely about as intentional, but just as effective.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

totally.  it's the perfect vibe.  in a way it's the same shit ozzie did when he had good teams.  completely different style, perhaps absolutely about as intentional, but just as effective.

Is Giolito gonna be put on double secret probation?

5 hours ago, Tnetennba said:

Holy Shit, that’s a real quote?  Like, WTF. 

Nobody who heard the actual quote while Tony was saying it, laughing during the entire statement, felt Tony had any ill will toward Lucas for what he did. I'm one of the least of Tony's fans here, but people need to be objective. What wasn't tweeted was Tony said the umpire made a mistake and that Tony went out to talk Will Little about it. 

Lynn elaborated further with his comments.

Tony was out of line with the Yermin situation because he threw him under the bus publicly, and then dug in and added fuel to the fire the next few days, when he could of addressed it privately. The worst part of that incident was stating he "didn't have a problem" with the Twins throwing at Yermin. Even if Tony thought it, it was dumb to say it. Yermin could have gotten hurt jumping out of the way, or if he was actually hit, and the lack of managerial support may be effecting him mentally at the plate.

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Great win.....keep it going boys.

BTW- Am I missing something?, I looked at charlotte box scores and they haven't played since may 30th. Maybe the reason Engel is not up yet... 

they have played games tuesday-thursday so you probably had a may filter on

As our starters continue to shine, I think we have the best starting rotation in the AL.  Looking at our 5 starters, I don't think any team has the quality we have from 1-5. We may not have a Cy Young guy at the top right now, but there is really no weakness in any starters.  It is still early, but If we were going into the playoffs tomorrow, it would be hard to list 1-5.  Maybe Gio and Lance are 1/2 but the other 3 are very close behind. Whoever we feel is our 5 would be  a 3 type on most teams. 

8 hours ago, Sox80 said:

Because he has a different opinion than you dosen't mean that.   Just saying. 

There are plenty of people that disagree with me and I don't call any of them trolls... besides ron - because that's his schtick

lol look at the first post that starts this thread....

4 minutes ago, SCCWS said:

As our starters continue to shine, I think we have the best starting rotation in the AL.  Looking at our 5 starters, I don't think any team has the quality we have from 1-5. We may not have a Cy Young guy at the top right now, but there is really no weakness in any starters.  It is still early, but If we were going into the playoffs tomorrow, it would be hard to list 1-5.  Maybe Gio and Lance are 1/2 but the other 3 are very close behind. Whoever we feel is our 5 would be  a 3 type on most teams. 

Sox starters are 4th in MLB with a 3.09 ERA. Only team in the AL in the top 7.

By the way, the Tigers are 5th in the AL. Their bullpen is a disaster though.

1 hour ago, SCCWS said:

Cease is definitely closing in on question mark territory.  If you swap him out for Kopech, maybe.

Glasnow, Yarborough, Dick Mountain/Rich Hill, Fleming, McClanahan and Wacha has been quite effective, especially Glasnow/Hill.

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Cease is definitely closing in on question mark territory.  If you swap him out for Kopech, maybe.

Glasnow, Yarborough, Dick Mountain/Rich Hill, Fleming, McClanahan and Wacha has been quite effective, especially Glasnow/Hill.

Dylan Cease is currently the 27th best starter in baseball if you go by fWAR. Traditional stats he has 11.20 K/9 and a 3.79 ERA.

If Dylan Cease were the 5th starter on the 2006 White Sox, they'd have won the World Series.

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

Dylan Cease is currently the 27th best starter in baseball if you go by fWAR. Traditional stats he has 11.20 K/9 and a 3.79 ERA.

If Dylan Cease were the 5th starter on the 2006 White Sox, they'd have won the World Series.

Two different eras, though.  If he can consistently beat the good or better teams instead of just the cellar dwellers...well, we’ve got another 2/3rd’s of the season to see what direction he goes in.

17 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Two different eras, though.  If he can consistently beat the good or better teams instead of just the cellar dwellers...well, we’ve got another 2/3rd’s of the season to see what direction he goes in.

He held Boston to two runs and struck out 6. The only other good teams he's faced were the Yankees and Cleveland and yeah, those weren't pretty.

But because he slaughtered middling-to-bad teams, you're holding that against him? If he were on the Padres, you'd be making an entire thread about him.

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I'd rather swap out Keuchel for Kopech. Even with Cease's inconsistency, I feel better about him than Dallas overall.

34 minutes ago, Quin said:

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

If he can "consistently beat the good teams" as well as the cellar dwellers...he'll be top 1 in baseball rather than top 27.