6/4 | White Sox (34-22) vs Tigers (23-33) | 7:10PM CT | NBCSC

Tnetennba

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

ZIPS now thinks Jake Lamb rest of schedule is like a 106 wRC+ hitter, which...is interesting.  Going to be quite the logjam in the OF later this year.

It’s a good problem to have for sure. But by the time we need to worry about it, who knows. The way things are going Yas will be in cf. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

It’s a good problem to have for sure. But by the time we need to worry about it, who knows. The way things are going Yas will be in cf. 

Was talking a bit with @Quin about Rutherford in the minor league forum and yea there are a lot of guys pushing for a few spots.  Ideally (at least imo) you make a consolidation trade and ship off a couple OF for a great reliever.  Or, and it's just a thought -- Andrew Vaughn becomes a helluva trade chip.

8 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Was talking a bit with @Quin about Rutherford in the minor league forum and yea there are a lot of guys pushing for a few spots.  Ideally (at least imo) you make a consolidation trade and ship off a couple OF for a great reliever.  Or, and it's just a thought -- Andrew Vaughn becomes a helluva trade chip.

Yeah, hard to say. So much can happen. An extra bullpen arm would be a nice add. I expect they’ll target someone like grossman or peralta, too. Just a guess I have no inside info with the Sox. 

with Vaughn, I’m not sure have a big enough long-term hole that would justify dealing him. 

Edited by Blackout Friday

Just now, Blackout Friday said:

Yeah, hard to say. So much can happen. An extra bullpen arm would be a nice add. I expect they’ll target someone like grossman or peralta, too. Just a guess I have no inside info with the Sox. 

Hard to predict who will be sellers in a month but we'll see, isn't the deadline later now?  That should help buyers.

13 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

One day earlier. July 30. And no waiver deals afterwards anymore either. 

oh yea that's right, well, we'll see.  Just keep winning things should sort themselves out. NM: he was talking about Rodon and a commentator was talking about Lynn.  Be nice if Jim at least clarified in the article clearly that Lynn is not QA eligible.  You'd think that would be the first thing you'd mention in an article about an extension.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

they really weren't tho because in both of them he missed great pitches to hit. i'm not a yermin hater or pumper but right now he's scuffling and with lamb hot and sheets also hot he should probably sit against most RHP for a week or so.

For sure he is in a slump but any time you take the count to 3-2 that's a good AB. 1st step for him getting back to hitting is being more selective at the plate. For most of the slump I'd say he's been behind in the count a lot.  You get guys down 0-2 , 1-2 and the result are going to be terrible for 99% of the guys. Once you can work the count in your favor the results get way better.

Vaughn probably won't be on the IL all 10 days so Sheets won't be here for long. Perhaps we get to see him a few times before he goes back down.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

15 minutes ago, tray said:

Mercedes needs to start producing, no BS excuses. He looked bad when Mize dispensed with him after three pitches.

3 pitches?

I def missed that AB last night.

Still no excuses for being in an 0-22 slide, but it happens.

He def didn’t have a 3 pitch K last night though.

1 hour ago, Blackout Friday said:

Lamb has more HR than other notables.

3 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I was just saying after a brief covid stint. For now I guess Yermin can stay 5th against lefties.

They probably should move him down in the order. LaRussa may be leaving him there to show he's behind him. However at this point it just makes sense for the team to put Lamb in the middle of the lineup against RHP. I'd bench him for a game against a RHP for sure . Until Yermin and Vaughn start hitting RHP better we are going to see a lot more of Lamb . It does suck that Lamb appears to be our 2nd best LHH on the team now. Grandal could be that but when you are hitting under .150 I can't say it with any conviction. Love the OBP from him but the Sox need a guy who can hit his way on base and advance runner multiple bases from the left side hitting 5th or 6th against RHP.

13 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

They probably should move him down in the order. LaRussa may be leaving him there to show he's behind him. However at this point it just makes sense for the team to put Lamb in the middle of the lineup against RHP. I'd bench him for a game against a RHP for sure . Until Yermin and Vaughn start hitting RHP better we are going to see a lot more of Lamb . It does suck that Lamb appears to be our 2nd best LHH on the team now. Grandal could be that but when you are hitting under .150 I can't say it with any conviction. Love the OBP from him but the Sox need a guy who can hit his way on base and advance runner multiple bases from the left side hitting 5th or 6th against RHP.

Yeah and then Eaton is well, Eaton. Still think he gets an IL-stint when Engel comes back.

When Grandal has willingness to swing the bat at good pitches, he can be a valuable hitter. Grandal hit exclusively 2-4 last season, but Tony doesn’t use him much above the six hole (32 PA, 1 1B, 9 walks, 2 runs).

There is less pressure near the bottom of the order, and pitchers won’t challenge him as much as they would in front of Moncada or others, and he is a more aggressive hitter (115 PA, 5 1B, 2 2B, 7 HR, 33 walks, 23 runs), at least in terms of his style. 

Maybe if becomes healthy (if still hurt) or if he can turn his BA around, Tony could consider moving him up in the order, but for now 2021 Grandal is best suited for the six hole on this team.

My lineup

1. SS TA7

2. 2B Magical

3. 3B Club Cuba

4. 1B MVP

5. LF Rake Lamb

6. Catcher - Ballmani 

7. RF- Spanky  (or Adam "Angel" if he is still with us. 

8. DH- Sheets

9. CF- Billyville Slugger

Edited by SonofaRoache
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, raBBit said:

R SS TA

L LF Eaton

S 3B Moncada

R 1B Abreu

L DH Lamb

S  C Grandal