45 members have voted

1. 1. Choose 3, tell us the order in your post

• Lance Lynn
    • Lucas Giolito
    • Carlos Rodon
    • Michael Kopech
    • Dylan Cease
    • Dallas Keuchel

I’m going Lynn for Game 1, that’s pretty clearcut.

For the purposes of this question, Kopech comes back and throws 5 innings, with 8 k’s and 2 earned runs in Game 59-60...so the hamstring is behind him, but not the pitch count/stamina concerns.

Would like to go Rodon in Game 2 to break up righties.  Giolito might be the better choice, but for some reason, relying on his Game 1 results against Oakland, clear leadership role, 2019-20 results/history, I’d rather have him as the stopper in Game 3 compared to the deer in the headlights possibility with Rodon if the Sox somehow were down 0-2.  Just a big X factor how he would react.

Of course, many are going to argue Kopech over Rodon or maybe even Giolito...but taxing the bullpen is a big risk, and we know the only way through that would be Kopech and then Heuer/Crochet/Bummer going 2-3 innings (but in 2020 forms for both lefties) to get the game to Liam.

Someone wrote Cease was the 27th best starter in the majors as of today.  Well, I still don’t trust him against a high quality opponent when it really counts...which is the same feeling many now have about Keuchel despite the Cy Young votes and past playoff history (before last October.)   Cease is the first guy out of the pen with a blowout situation either way.

Will be pretty shocked to see either Cease or Keuchel get votes over the more obvious top four candidates.  No Ron, you can’t vote Cease 18 times with your burner accounts for “like/s” accumulation, lol.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Gio/Lynn/Rodon

Gio has showed some reversion to ace status in his last few starts. I would try to keep that rolling. Lynn and Rodon have both been great so that's a no-brainer.

Kopech would probably start a hypothetical game 4, as Cease has been very uneven.

• Like 1

It’s hard to argue with what everyone else is saying. It’s great that Cease and Kopech are well worth considering over Giolito, but Giolito when he’s on and zoning out the world gives me more confidence than those two. I could see Kopech or Cease continuing their great years and making this an even more difficult conversation

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

It’s just this season:

How crazy is it that this season flips on him like that, and basically because he is the #1 he gets all of the Sunday starts which are going to be mostly day games.  The game will forever be weird and chaotic like that 

• Like 1