6/5| White Sox vs Tigers | 1:10PM CT | NBCSC

Tnetennba

• Quin pinned this topic
17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I made the trek home from Nashville and will be in attendance tomorrow with the family.  Anyone from Soxtalk who randomly sits behind me gets a free beer or two on me.  Just please don’t pull a @Jack Parkman and turn down the offer.  There is nothing more sinful than saying no to free beer.

Did he see you surfing Soxtalk on your phone or something?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bmags said:

Obviously he was wearing a “Chicago white Sox” tshirt so he was easy to identify

Holy Crap, I saw him at the game and didn't know it...would've bought him a dog and a beer.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I made the trek home from Nashville and will be in attendance tomorrow with the family.  Anyone from Soxtalk who randomly sits behind me gets a free beer or two on me.  Just please don’t pull a @Jack Parkman and turn down the offer.  There is nothing more sinful than saying no to free beer.

Just curious, is Nashville going to build a new stadium for a MLB franchise?

8 hours ago, ron883 said:

Did he see you surfing Soxtalk on your phone or something?

Yes, he saw me say I was at the game and he was literally in my section like 15 rows behind me.  I sat with him for an inning and tried to buy him beers multiple times but he shot me down.  Jack is a good dude though.

1 hour ago, WBWSF said:

Just curious, is Nashville going to build a new stadium for a MLB franchise?

Not sure where the expansion efforts stand with Dave Dombrowski jumping ship.  Is that a sign of waning optimism or him just pursuing a better move for himself?  The other thing I struggle with is the AAA team just built a brand new stadium for like $70M six years ago that is very close to downtown Nashville.  Not sure that would be a deal killer, but I’d imagine it at least adds some complexity.  But I’d personally love to see an expansion team in Nashville and think it would be better than most alternatives.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Not sure where the expansion efforts stand with Dave Dombrowski jumping ship.  Is that a sign of waning optimism or him just pursuing a better move for himself?  The other thing I struggle with is the AAA team just built a brand new stadium for like $70M six years ago that is very close to downtown Nashville.  Not sure that would be a deal killer, but I’d imagine it at least adds some complexity.  But I’d personally love to see an expansion team in Nashville and think it would be better than most alternatives.

The irony of Nashville getting a team and trading for Machado would make me laugh

• Haha 1

Reasons for optimism today:

• Skubal is really bad against RH hitters (.363 wOBA, 6.50 FIP, 5.24 xFIP)
  • The Sox are the best team in baseball against LHP (.361 wOBA, 134 wRC+)
  • The Tigers suck against Giolito (.593 OPS over 111 plate appearances)
  • Lucas is coming off his best three game stretch (12 K/9, 0.81 WHIP, 2.56 FIP)
  • Lucas’ velocity is also improving (94.7 mph over last 3 starts, 93.5 before that)

Reasons for pessimism today:

7EFB325B-6B6E-4A70-AB2D-CE0291D01D9E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

• Lucas’ velocity is also improving (94.7 mph over last 3 starts, 93.5 before that)

POTY!

• Love 1

54 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

You’ve been killing it with these recently.

• Love 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic