6/5| White Sox vs Tigers | 1:10PM CT | NBCSC

Tnetennba

Lol. I agree bunting in that situation was not the best play, however it's not giving up outs. You are forcing the defense to make a tough play. I've seen a ton of botched plays on the bunt this year, whether it be errant throws, confusion on which base to throw to, difficulty picking up the ball.

In that case, if Mendick bunted to the 3B side, it would have been a good play. Would've had 2 runners in scoring position with 1 out instead of 1 runner in sciring position. But he bunted to the wrong man. Against Holland though...probably should let them swing away. Hinch couldn't have come out of that dugout quick enough to get Holland off the mound. 

Edited by ScooterMcGee
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Lol. I agree bunting in that situation was not the best play, however it's not giving up outs. You are forcing the defense to make a tough play. I've seen a ton of botched plays on the bunt this year, whether it be errant throws, confusion on which base to throw to, difficulty picking up the ball.

In that case, if Mendick bunted to the 3B side, it would have been a good play. Would've had 2 runners in scoring position with 1 out instead of 1. But he bunted to the wrong man. Against Holland though...probably should let them swing away.

Holland couldn't get anyone out. You read the situation there and you don't bunt...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

In that case, if Mendick bunted to the 3B side, it would have been a good play. Would've had 2 runners in scoring position with 1 out instead of 1 runner in sciring position. But he bunted to the wrong man. Against Holland though...probably should let them swing away. Hinch couldn't have come out of that dugout quick enough to get Holland off the mound. 

No.

You don't give outs to a guy who can't get outs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic