Sox lead the AL(and most of the NL) in sac bunts

GermanSoxFan

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

14 outs given away and that’s not including the failed attempts. I don’t know why the TLR thread was closed, but can we discuss here how stupid it is to sac bunt in the 6th inning against a pitcher who couldn’t get anyone out?

10.05 ERA.

Guess Holland was marginally better when he pitched for the White Sox, but TLR must have been confused with the multiple World Series version of the guy in his prime with the Rangers to take that particular approach....

29 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

14 outs given away and that’s not including the failed attempts. I don’t know why the TLR thread was closed, but can we discuss here how stupid it is to sac bunt in the 6th inning against a pitcher who couldn’t get anyone out?

Great post...keep killing it brother

I recall in Ozzie's last season as Sox manager that he had fallen in love with "small ball." He had hitters bunting in the worst spots, destroying potential rallies. The bunt is a good play, but it is just like any other piece of strategy. It has to be timed right.

By the way, Ozzie wanting an extension at the end of the 2011 was laughable. I was glad to see him take himself and his small ball out of town.

3 minutes ago, NWINFan said:

I recall in Ozzie's last season as Sox manager that he had fallen in love with "small ball." He had hitters bunting in the worst spots, destroying potential rallies. The bunt is a good play, but it is just like any other piece of strategy. It has to be timed right.

By the way, Ozzie wanting an extension at the end of the 2011 was laughable. I was glad to see him take himself and his small ball out of town.

Ozzie was a good manager before he got arrogant and decided he needed to insert himself into games frequently.

• Thanks 2

That was just a bad time for a bunt today, period.  If you will not adjust your strategy based on who is pitching, I just don't know what to say.  And the fact that he seemed to not like being questioned about it after the game just pisses me off.

Can we reopen the TLR thread?  And I don't mean the kiss ass one about his # of wins.

Edited by wegner
  • Like 2
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

That was just a bad time for a bunt today, period.  If you will not adjust your strategy based on who is pitching, I just don't know what to say.  And the fact that he seemed to not like being questioned about it after the game just pisses me off.

Can we reopen the TLR thread?  And I don't mean the kiss ass one about his # of wins.

Tony La Russa believes the same thing on Thursday that he did on Tuesday, regardless of what happens on Wednesday.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony La Russa believes the same thing on Thursday that he did on Tuesday, regardless of what happens on Wednesday.

I didn't like him in 1986 and don't like him in 2021 and don't care what he did in between so I guess we are even.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He doubled down on his flat out ignorance when it comes to giving away outs. 

Yep he made it damn clear we were going to see this all season.  His attitude towards the reporter who dared ask him an obvious question was bs.

1 minute ago, wegner said:

Yep he made it damn clear we were going to see this all season.  His attitude towards the reporter who dared ask him an obvious question was bs.

Giving away an out against Derek Holland is much worse than not knowing a rule. He decreased the sox chance of winning today by nearly 12%. That's just fucking comical. He was talking about tying the game as if that was the goal. Guy is such a jack Wagon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Giving away an out against Derek Holland is much worse than not knowing a rule. He decreased the sox chance of winning today by nearly 12%. That's just fucking comical. He was talking about tying the game as if that was the goal. Guy is such a jack Wagon.

Not changing your strategy based on who was pitching was a joke and his attitude at the press conference was worse.

I thought I was done being annoyed wirh him...I had been avoiding that TLR thread...then he does something else and sucks me right back in.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Larussa really is a moron. There's just no other way of saying it. He's stuck in the past and defies all statistical evidence that refutes his archaic ways.

Easily the biggest weakness on the team is Tony

• Like 2