One way I know the sox are a great team again...

bmags

4 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Can’t imagine if we now had Devers, Moncada and Kopech.

Would even take Benintendi’s 2021 season so far...pretty decent.

You can't imagine it because it was never possible

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

I thought Hahn was capable of anything, even walking on water and raising the dead to convince us Doubting Thomases?

The Sawx wanted to pawn off benitendi on the Sox and Hahn came back with Moncada and Kopech.  There is some speculation he asked for Devers instead of Moncada but Sawx said no. Thank god they held out for Moncada instead of benitendi.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

The Sawx wanted to pawn off benitendi on the Sox and Hahn came back with Moncada and Kopech.  There is some speculation he asked for Devers instead of Moncada but Sawx said no. Thank god they held out for Moncada instead of benitendi.

Benintendi was too popular then.  Probably had choice of three...Moncada and Devers were both infielders, and Kopech.  In the end, both would have been great options.   Just not AB, which worked out ultimately in favor of White Sox.

3 hours ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I though the story went they asked for all three, and then once Devers turned into Basabe and Diaz, that is when Hahn agreed.

I feel like the long Boston globe story (was that cafardo) should be the authority on this. The rest is a bunch of loosely sourced rumors

That had Moncada and Kopech as the agreed to pieces on the Friday before while sox were pushing for devers. Seems like the Monday night before it went down Hahn backed off devers and asked for Basabe + Diaz.

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

I feel like the long Boston globe story (was that cafardo) should be the authority on this. The rest is a bunch of loosely sourced rumors

That had Moncada and Kopech as the agreed to pieces on the Friday before while sox were pushing for devers. Seems like the Monday night before it went down Hahn backed off devers and asked for Basabe + Diaz.

I still can't believe the Giants actually called Basabe up last year, might be the only MLB action the kid ever sees but hey at least he got his partial pension and health care.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:27 AM, palehose1 said:

I really enjoyed the PBS Ken Burns baseball series. I was very excited in  the late 2000's that they did an extra inning update episode because they were finally going to cover my 2005 White Sox. The Sox broke an 88 year championship drought with one of the most dominating playoff runs in history going 11-1. Ken Burns gave the series 13 seconds. Literally a 13 second blurb mention. They spent two hours on the Red sox / Yankees playoff series. As I always felt you will never win the media coverage. You can't control it, enjoy the people smart enough to recognize and comment on it.

And Dolores Plagerist Kearns and those other east coast gasbags going on and on about their fucking beloved red sawx. Couldn't stand Hawk talking about the god damned carmines, either. Hate the Yankees and  Nationals as well.

On 6/7/2021 at 10:56 AM, runtheballdown said:

I’ve gone the exact opposite way of you. Radio is terrible because of most of the announcers you mentioned ( Mully the exception) and all the commercials. Bernstein is the biggest geek there is around. It was funny last year when Bernstein was interviewing Lester last year and asking him about new baseball stats that are out there and Lester says “ nobody that plays the game looks at shit like that”.

ive switched over to listening to podcasts. Minimal commercials and everybody is now doing them re history, sports etc. every baseball team has a podcast so if you want to listen to the Sox and the team they are playing you get two different perspectives. Locked on Sox is the one I listen too. Two guys from the Score do it every day. It’s great. 

I heard a few Locked on Sox and like what I hear. I only listen to segments linked on the score to certain baseball and hockey (rare) guests, don't listen live anymore. Speigel's show on Sundays is solid, glad I don't have to hear him with Bruce Levine who is an aweful suck up/kiss ass to ownership.

Stone is actually a decent human being on his segments, and James Fegan are the primary guests I like to hear. Lawrence Holmes my other favorite host, liked Boers when he was on, once he left, Bernstein got worse.

On 6/7/2021 at 11:00 AM, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The victim mentality in life is annoying as fuck. Tread in public waters, especially the idiocy that is talk radio and expect to take absurd criticism and ridicule. If anything people white knight her endlessly on twitter and etc. I'm certainly not oblivious to BS sexism, but calling everything mansplaining whenever anyone disagrees with you is just exploiting that area.

Stone blocked this guy for calling Bernstein out on his twitter. Can only speculate whether Dan or others are "interested in her work", or perhaps just something else.

https://twitter.com/Yoizel/status/1402691042604892160