One way I know the sox are a great team again...

bmags

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

One of the best parts of being cableless in the PNW is that none of this exists out there.  I listen to quite a bit of sports talk radio but it's 90% Seahawks mixed in with 8% mariners and then 2% national shit, at best.  I can see if I was still a cable subscriber and had ESPN all day at work that I'd get annoyed, especially at the Mets shit.  The Mets are such a horribly run franchise and have had real scandals (well beyond the Sox) that somehow get glossed over everytime they manage to hover around .500 for awhile.  They def benefit from low expectations.

ok sure but you missed justin fields talk radio so 

3 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I've actually never interacted with her, I just read her shaming that guy and then heard he crying on 670 one day when someone texted something correcting something wrong she said and both time she was crying about mansplaining. I just felt like bitching about it this morning but I've probably wasted too many words on it at this point. I'm sure she's nice enough.

“Hillary, you’re likable enough.”

5 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

I love Mully and Hanley and Bernstein (not a big fan of Leila but that can change, she has some audio crutches that she leans on a lot), I'm out when Holmes is in, and back for Parkins and Spiegel.  They all have been giving the Sox a lot of time this year 

I personally love Holmes...what don't you like?  I think he is the most talented guy the Score has.  Bernstein is meh and Parkins is more tolerable now that Spiegel is back teamed up with him.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, BFirebird said:

I personally love Holmes...what don't you like?  I think he is the most talented guy the Score has.  Bernstein is meh and Parkins is more tolerable now that Spiegel is back teamed up with him.

Don't like his style at all.  I recognize that he is a hustler in the business, I just don't like it, he laughs way too hard at his own jokes and has a condescending streak in him with callers.  Not consistent but it comes out from time to time

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Don't like his style at all.  I recognize that he is a hustler in the business, I just don't like it, he laughs way too hard at his own jokes and has a condescending streak in him with callers.  Not consistent but it comes out from time to time

He's one of the hosts that learned from Bernstein, and as you know his schtick was ripping into callers and being condescending. 

I'm not a huge Holmes fan either. I've always found him a little creepy with women. He's also a bit immature at times. The whole Score staff did a homerun draft this year (draft 2 players, leaders in HRs win). It was organized by Parkins. Every Score host joined in during the Spiegel and Parkins show and participated in the draft - except for Holmes. It was a lot of fun IMO. When Parkins and Spiegel asked Holmes during the crossover why he didn't want to participate, he got super defensive/testy and literally was saying "because I'm a grown ass man, and I don't want to." Came across as extremely immature and strange. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Not even the Gallo rumors, lol?  My cousin in Plano thought Mazara was going to put up monster numbers as middle of the order masher for the Sox...but not to be.

Those yeah...but I don't need to worry about who the Score is giving more coverage to.

10 hours ago, bmags said:

is how I'm extremely annoyed by baseball media again.

Takes me right back to 17 years old calling the tribune the cub-une and yelling at every baseball tonight segment that didn't mention the white sox.

Biggest annoyances at the moment:

- National baseball media falling over themselves to talk about how resilient and grindy the Mets have been since they've faced such devastating injuries that have forced some of their players to the sidelines for upwards of a few weeks 😪 RIP Conforto, i'm sure they also threw a funeral for you

- *Fernando Tatis Jr catches a pop-up* .

*my phone buzzes 17 times straight*

"YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT TATIS JUST DID"

"CAN YOUR SHORTSTOP do ThAt? 😍"

"SEE HOW A SUMMARY OF HOW OUR WRITERS REACTED TO TATIS INSANE CAN-Of-CORN CATCH!"

- "The cubs just won a game...are they the greatest team in baseball?"

I'm hurt! I'm hurting! The grievances are bubbling to my surface!

All your points are sadly true. The Tatis Jr crap is a joke and mostly fueled by jealous Cub fans. The fact is Tatis was a unproven at 17 years old when he was traded from the Sox in 2015. News flash to all non Sox fans...we had a shortstop already in Tim Anderson. I get so tired of Cubs fans saying they can't believe we traded away Tatis. Always be quick to remind our Cubs fans that their executive guru Theo Epstein traded away Dylan Cease and Eloy Jimenez to our Sox for Jose Quintana. 

28 minutes ago, "The Kids Can Play" said:

All your points are sadly true. The Tatis Jr crap is a joke and mostly fueled by jealous Cub fans. The fact is Tatis was a unproven at 17 years old when he was traded from the Sox in 2015. News flash to all non Sox fans...we had a shortstop already in Tim Anderson. I get so tired of Cubs fans saying they can't believe we traded away Tatis. Always be quick to remind our Cubs fans that their executive guru Theo Epstein traded away Dylan Cease and Eloy Jimenez to our Sox for Jose Quintana. 

Don't forget Torres/Chapman, Soler/Wade Davis (although Soler is garbage this year, he raked in 2019-20 for KCR), Candelario to the Tigers, drafting Brendon Little over Nate Pearson, Edwin Jackson/Chatwood/Heyward, not getting anything for Schwarber/Almora, DJ LeMahieu to the Rockies...

12 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Don't forget Torres/Chapman, Soler/Wade Davis (although Soler is garbage this year, he raked in 2019-20 for KCR), Candelario to the Tigers, drafting Brendon Little over Nate Pearson, Edwin Jackson/Chatwood/Heyward, not getting anything for Schwarber/Almora, DJ LeMahieu to the Rockies...

The Cubs issue is that they traded the wrong guys. They should have internally scouted better and kept Eloy/Torres/Cease and traded Schwarber/Almora

Question for Sox fans: Would you rather have Jimenez/Cease or Meadows/Glasnow? 

The answer is easy for me but I'm not going to say who I'd prefer. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

6 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

The Cubs issue is that they traded the wrong guys. They should have internally scouted better and kept Eloy/Torres/Cease and traded Schwarber/Almora

Since Meadows is one of the hottest hitters in baseball (and not injured) and Glasnow a certified Top 10 pitcher, not a difficult choice. 

https://www.mlb.com/prospects/rays/shane-baz-669358

If THAT's not enough, throw in prospect Shane Baz as well Pirates.

Sadly, the Pirates have gotten almost nothing back for Glasnow, Musgrove, Cole, Taillon, Bell, Marte, Harrison, Kang...but they're still battling.   And they've still got Polanco, haha.

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

Since Meadows is one of the hottest hitters in baseball (and not injured) and Glasnow a certified Top 10 pitcher, not a difficult choice. 

I think Glasnow would drive Sox fans nuts because he only goes 5 innings per start, even if they're a very good 5 innings. 

But yeah, I'm in complete agreement here. It sucks that the Sox couldn't get Pittsburgh to make that deal in the winter of 2016-17. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

I think Glasnow would drive Sox fans nuts because he only goes 5 innings per start, even if they're a very good 5 innings. 

But yeah, I'm in complete agreement here. It sucks that the Sox couldn't get Pittsburgh to make that deal in the winter of 2016-17. 

The same exact problem with Snell.  Chicken and the egg dilemma.  Which came first?  Short starts because of the over reliance on the pen and not going three times through the order?  Or short starts led to a "niche" of bullpen options/relievers as starters, etc.

8 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

The same exact problem with Snell.  Chicken and the egg dilemma.  Which came first?  Short starts because of the over reliance on the pen and not going three times through the order?  Or short starts led to a "niche" of bullpen options/relievers as starters, etc.

It's trying to throw as hard as you can for as long as you can thus sacrificing control. This is why they have 100 pitches in 5 innings.

25 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What makes you think that other teams didn't influence who got traded by who they asked for?

11 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

What makes you think that other teams didn't influence who got traded by who they asked for?

IIRC at the time the reporting(at least locally) was that the Yankees preferred Schwarber to Torres but Theo wouldn't move Schwarber. 

56 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This really isn't a question imo. Glasnow the best young starter in baseball and meadows has game. If glas stays healthy he's the best pitcher in baseball over the next 8 years.

48 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

What? Glasnow has averaged more than 6 ip per start (right around 6 1/2) this year and ranks in the top 10 in ip per start this year. And he pitches for the rays who have a notorious quick hook.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What? Glasnow has averaged more than 6 ip per start (right around 6 1/2) this year and ranks in the top 10 in ip per start this year. And he pitches for the rays who have a notorious quick hook.

Ok, I stand corrected, and yes, the Rays have a notorious quick hook. 

11 hours ago, Harry Chappas said:

The sports media Sox fans (Mully, Bernstein, Holmes, etc)  are like this message board.  They love the Sox but everything the Sox do is bad and wrong. 

On the flip side it seems the Cub guys are always finding the silver lining.

i think they are fairly reflective of the sox fanbase as a whole. a collection of bittermen waiting for something to go wrong. 

• Fire 1