Yerminator campaigning for HR Derby opportunity

caulfield12

I hope Yermin is doing all the little things and big things that got him this opportunity. I hope one successful month didn’t get him caught up in his own hype with sandwiches, yerminator, haircut etc. hopefully he’s just in a slump and will snap out of it. 

58 minutes ago, BamaDoc said:

I hope Yermin is doing all the little things and big things that got him this opportunity. I hope one successful month didn’t get him caught up in his own hype with sandwiches, yerminator, haircut etc. hopefully he’s just in a slump and will snap out of it. 

Don't worry. I'm wearing his jersey to the game tonight. He's gonna go off. 

4 hours ago, Green Line said:

The guy hitting .122 since the Minnesota series should be more worried about staying in the lineup.

Yup. This is an unfortunate turn of events. Not necessarily because he wants to be in this, but that he may or may not be looking to cash in on what could be more of a flash in the pan career. If he eschewed the contest, I would be more convinced he himself was convinced in his long term. Now with this, I gotta wonder if he is seeing writings  on the wall. Dude, concentrate.

7 hours ago, Green Line said:

Tony is the biggest Yermin enabler, its one of his biggest flaws this year.

With all the injuries this year, you pretty much have to give him a pass on playing time. There aren't 6 guys hitting well right now, let alone 9. Now, as for the order he puts those 9 guys in, that has been awful. Eaton stayed too long at 2 and Yermin too long at 5.

He needs to get his approach in check. He can hit but he is taking absolute G hacks at every pitch even if it is a foot outside. 

He doesn't have an elite eye like grandal but he has had decent walk rates in the minors so he should be able to get his chasing at least somewhat in check, 43% o swing is just too high for a guy who walked 9-10% his last 2 Milb seasons, he shouldn't be higher than 32-33 or so. 

9 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

Can Tony be an idiot for his  comments and can Yermin suck? Or do those things have to be mutually exclusive? 

Both of those are probably true. The first one for sure.