Yerminator campaigning for HR Derby opportunity

caulfield12

Tony keeps batting Mercedes 5th and did say he’ll move Yermin up to 2nd the other day, so La Russa believes Mercedes will turn it around.

However, tray did correctly predict Yermin’s downfall, so it’s Tony’s baseball’s mind vs tray’s baseball mind in this battle of the sport’s titans. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

It's too bad you have devolved into a dog whistling troll.  I hope your ten minutes are over here soon too

My comments are within the rules. I am commenting about a player's performance on the field.

You are levying a personal attack and what appears to be a threat given that it comes from a moderator of the forum.

You want to ban me because I think Yermin Mercedes should not be on the roster?  That's trolling?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tray said:

My comments are within the rules. I am commenting about a player's performance on the field.

You are levying a personal attack and what appears to be a threat given that it comes from a moderator of the forum.

You want to ban me because I think Yermin Mercedes should not be on the roster?  That's trolling?

No I want to ban you for your dog whistle racism that you have been throwing at Yermin for over a month.  THAT is trolling 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

1 minute ago, Kyyle23 said:

No I want to ban you for your dog whistle racism that you have been throwing at Yermin for over a month.  THAT is trolling 

You are accusing me of being a racist?  I am nothing of the sort, which you might understand if you read any of my posts on the Covid forum where I have opposed racism and the conduct of a  certain political figure who promoted it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, tray said:

You are accusing me of being a racist?  I am nothing of the sort, which you might understand if you read any of my posts on the Covid forum where I have opposed racism and the conduct of a  certain political figure who promoted it.

You literally just said Yermin should go back to the Pecos league 

"Yermin has become a distraction for the team at this point.  His  streaky hitting and flamboyant style will suit him much better in the Pecos league.  Hahn will  give him his walking papers at some point in the not too distant future.  He had his ten minutes of fame but its almost over now."

Where is thee racist dog whistle in that?

Do you even know what the Pecos League is?

I think YOU made an assumption about race because the name sounds Mexican.

" pecos_150.png The Pecos League is an independent baseball league which operates in cities in desert mountain regions throughout California, New Mexico, Southern Arizona, Kansas, West Texas and Colorado. Pecos Teams play in cities that do not have Major or Minor League Baseball teams and is not affiliated with either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

4 minutes ago, tray said:

"Yermin has become a distraction for the team at this point.  His  streaky hitting and flamboyant style will suit him much better in the Pecos league.  Hahn will  give him his walking papers at some point in the not too distant future.  He had his ten minutes of fame but its almost over now."

Where is thee racist dog whistle in that?

Do you even know what the Pecos League is?

I think YOU made an assumption about race because the name sounds Mexican.

" pecos_150.png The Pecos League is an independent baseball league which operates in cities in desert mountain regions throughout California, New Mexico, Southern Arizona, Kansas, West Texas and Colorado. Pecos Teams play in cities that do not have Major or Minor League Baseball teams and is not affiliated with either.

Let's dig up that other thread too where you talk about his haircut and his necklaces and how much his flamboyance bothers you.  Keep whistling

• Like 1

I'm not a racist Kyyle and I have nothing personal  against you or Mercedes. Just do your job here and don't single me out  and accuse me of something that I am not. Trust me, if you knew me, you wouldn't.

29 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

I will be honest, I haven't been able to watch many games but I did see Yermin mashing early on.  He seemed to have a contact approach when he got to two strikes like Nick M., did he change his approach?

Pitchers adjusted and stay outer half and he basically gets himself out.

There is certainly a racist element in accusing flamboyant Latino players of slacking as there are many flamboyant Latino players who are working very hard (tatis Jr for example). Just because you are flamboyant and wearing chains it doesn't mean you are a slacker. 

However yermin does have a history and maybe he indeed is tough to coach and not really taking coaching suggestions well. 

Yermin needs to shrink his zone and focus on pitches towards down and in. Maybe step an inch closer to the plate to take away a bit of the outside pitch. 

Screenshot-20210619-095205.jpg

• Fire 1

20 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Let's dig up that other thread too where you talk about his haircut and his necklaces and how much his flamboyance bothers you.  Keep whistling

But he did play for the Whire Sands Pupfish of the Pecos League in 2014...the intimation being he was headed back for Indy Ball at the rate he was going.

2 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

But he did play for the Whire Sands Pupfish of the Pecos League in 2014...the intimation being he was headed back for Indy Ball at the rate he was going.

You are correct.  He did play for 2 teams in Pecos League in 2014, and he hit like crazy.  So Tray was making a legitimate post.  Kyyle jumped the gun and over-reacted by using the race card.  Case closed.

• Like 1