Yerminator campaigning for HR Derby opportunity

caulfield12

1 hour ago, reiks12 said:

man thats atrocious.. 

Don't know how you can keep trotting him out there, especially against righties, and especially batting behind Abreu.  At least get Lamb in there against RHP at this point and/or let's see what Burger can do in the bigs and send Yermin down to try to get right. 

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The quoted post is his numbers since the day after he hit the 3-0 homer.

I figured that, but is there any way to see his splits during that time range? Looking for some positivity and hoping the numbers aren't complete garbage against lefties at least.

Edited by manbearpuig

On 6/9/2021 at 8:59 AM, The Grinder said:

As hopeful as I was he wasnt a flash in the pan, (which I hope he still isnt) I really like the guy and hope he can stick around at least until the AL figures him out

What, the way he's been struggling, it's a given that the AL has figured him out...I'm honestly hoping he can adjust but if he keeps chasing garbage, ideally he needs to go back down to the minors to figure out his approach. With the way the injuries have been stacking up though, might as well let him stick around and hope he makes the adjustments. Obviously he isn't what he was in April but I don't think he's this bad either, I think he can become a serviceable major league hitter but he has to stop expanding the strike zone.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

3 minutes ago, MexSoxFan#1 said:

What, the way he's been struggling, it's a given that league has figured him out...I'm honestly hoping he can adjust but if he keeps chasing garbage, ideally he needs to go back down to the minors to figure out his approach. With the way the injuries have been stacking up though, might as well let him stick around and hope he makes the adjustments. Obviously he isn't what he was in April but I don't think he's this bad either, I think he can become a serviceable major league hitter but he has to stop expanding the strike zone.

Mercedes has nothing to gain at AAA.  He might need to be sent there, but not to learn anything new there.  His gains will come at the major league level.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Mercedes has nothing to gain at AAA.  He might need to be sent there, but not to learn anything new there.  His gains will come at the major league level.

Yep, I also think he's pressing, like he thinks he needs to make a big splash every AB, he needs to stop chasing and just try to get on base, even if it's with walks. TLR also needs to put him lower in the line up until he starts hitting again (if that happens).

Yermin has become a distraction for the team at this point.  His  streaky hitting and flamboyant style will suit him much better in the Pecos league.  Hahn will  give him his walking papers at some point in the not too distant future.  He had his ten minutes of fame but its almost over now.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, tray said:

Yermin has become a distraction for the team at this point.  His  streaky hitting and flamboyant style will suit him much better in the Pecos league.  Hahn will  give him his walking papers at some point in the not too distant future.  He had his ten minutes of fame but its almost over now.

A distraction?  Good god you’re a fucking joke

• Like 3

I am not really crazy about any Sox player doing the home run derby thing. I think that is something to stay away from.

As far as Yermin goes, I never really expected all that much from him. He made his contributions early and that helped. I look at that as a bonus. It's too bad he has gone south. The offense is hurting without Robert and Eloy. The hatred for him is irrational. I've seen many other worse players wearing a White Sox uniform.

4 hours ago, tray said:

It's too bad you have devolved into a dog whistling troll.  I hope your ten minutes are over here soon too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, tray said:

That's funny, Tony doesn't feel that way about him.