6/8| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2765

ron883

Can we just not with the TLR reference in the subject... does everything positive/negative about this guy gotta be the focus of Soxtalk?

I realize this was probably done with tongue in cheek. But c'mon! Bad mojo for the game thread! :)

• Thanks 2

Going to the game tonight, my 1st this year...I have heard great things about the energy in the ballpark this season.  Looking forward to a great game from Rodon and the Sox teeing off on some starting LH pitching.....and plenty grilled onions on my dog or polish....and I hope that ice cream stand with the freshly made waffle cones is still there. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ron has turned full heel with LaRussa after seeing Tray take away his seat at the top of the troll pyramid. I love it!

Ron was a Larussa hater but that became too popular so he switched. I also heard he's a big fan of Hansen and Nickleback now.

For Ray and Ron...

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Ron has turned full heel with LaRussa after seeing Tray take away his seat at the top of the troll pyramid. I love it!

Ron was a Larussa hater but that became too popular so he switched. I also heard he's a big fan of Hansen and Nickleback now.

You won't see me defend many of his moves as the current manager. I think TLR has been horrible this year. I do however respect the history of the game. TLR's win total is nothing short of spectacular. I hope he amasses many more wins this year, resulting in a truly special White Sox team. 

Also, Hanson*

Edited by ron883

9 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

Can we just not with the TLR reference in the subject... does everything positive/negative about this guy gotta be the focus of Soxtalk?

I realize this was probably done with tongue in cheek. But c'mon! Bad mojo for the game thread! :)

Unfortunately game threads are superstitious, creatures of habit. TLR was mentioned in the last thread title, so he must be mentioned in this thread title. He will be mentioned in the thread titles until the team loses. It's just how game threads go. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Ron’s sudden TLR support campaign is certainly faring poorly.

I'll be watching and waiting for you to make a grammatical or spelling error. I'm gonna get you, sucka. 

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Unfortunately game threads are superstitious, creatures of habit. TLR was mentioned in the last thread title, so he must be mentioned in this thread title. He will be mentioned in the thread titles until the team loses. It's just how game threads go. 

We must also require Jerksticks’ incessantly positive yet vague and Bull Durhamish cliched posts to get the W as well.

A game thread itself cannot be defined as superstitious, as that adjective or trait defines humans.  You can state or claim they are superstitions (in your own mind,) even though Benetti will manage to step all over every no-hitter in his over exuberant puppy dog “glad to have a seat at the table” way. 

Just now, caulfield12 said:

We must also require Jerksticks’ incessantly positive yet vague and Bull Durhamish cliched posts to get the W as well.

A game thread itself cannot be defined as superstitious, as that adjective or trait defines humans.  You can state or claim they are superstitions (in your own mind,) even though Benetti will manage to step all over every no-hitter in his over exuberant puppy dog “glad to have a seat at the table” way. 

You don't understand the way of the game thread. It's a force to be reckoned with. This vitriol you spit is bad juju, and a loss today will be in you. 

5 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

Can you imagine if Tony stuck around for another 10-15 years into his mid 90s and passed Connie Mack for 1st place.

Martin Landau unfortunately is no longer around to reprise his Bela Lugosi impersonation of Mack in Ed Wood II.

4 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You don't understand the way of the game thread. It's a force to be reckoned with. This vitriol you spit is bad juju, and a loss today will be in you. 

On you.  Stop trying to sound like Jerksticks, btw.

If anything, I’m taking the focus away from TLR and properly placing it on the players who actually win games.

Because you’ve forced this into another referendum on TLR as manager.  Certainly, we don’t have enough of those threads around here yet...right?

PS:  Am i also responsible for your Bitcoin losses, too?

Edited by caulfield12

17 minutes ago, wegner said:

Going to the game tonight, my 1st this year...I have heard great things about the energy in the ballpark this season.  Looking forward to a great game from Rodon and the Sox teeing off on some starting LH pitching.....and plenty grilled onions on my dog or polish....and I hope that ice cream stand with the freshly made waffle cones is still there. 

Have a great time, pal!

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ron883 said:

You won't see me defend many of his moves as the current manager. I think TLR has been horrible this year. I do however respect the history of the game. TLR's win total is nothing short of spectacular. I hope he amasses many more wins this year, resulting in a truly special White Sox team. 

Also, Hanson*

It's Hansen because most adult men who like them have had their fair share of run ins with Chris Hansen from Dateline NBC!

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run