6/8| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2765

ron883

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Why would I avoid that? Now that I'm with other adults I can finally stand up to those bully second graders.

Red Sox fans are generally quite obnoxious...I'm sure they had that coming.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There's no fanbase more obnoxious than Yankee fans. 

That being said, Sawx fans and Cub fans give them a run for their money. 

The only time I saw the Yankees in person was late one season where the Yankees actually clinched the playoffs in Chicago.  The funny thing about that game was that my Dad and I both were envious of the starting pitcher for the Yankees that night....Jose Contreras!!  I remember my Dad actually said to me 'Why can't the Sox have a guy like that?"  I got to call him in the offseason to give him the good news. :D

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

The only time I saw the Yankees in person was late one season where the Yankees actually clinched the playoffs in Chicago.  The funny thing about that game was that my Dad and I both were envious of the starting pitcher for the Yankees that night....Jose Contreras!!  I remember my Dad actually said to me 'Why can't the Sox have a guy like that?"  I got to call him in the offseason to give him the good news. :D

Ha.  I was at that game.

I was at a game at Yankee Stadium sitting in CF (decent seats, like 3rd row) and at the start of the game the fans were doing their usual player intro chants and Melky turned to acknowledge the bleacher creatures just as the 1st pitch of the game was cracked and went over his head as he didn't get a good read on it, you know because his back was turned to the batter.  The cheers turned into jeers.

Edited by chitownsportsfan

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

There's no fanbase more obnoxious than Yankee fans. 

That being said, Sawx fans and Cub fans give them a run for their money. 

It would be  very nice if all three of these teams went nowhere in the playoffs, if they get there. It was nice to see the Yankees lose on ESPN last Sunday. The only drawback it was the Red Sox who beat them. 

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Ha.  I was at that game.

I remember I had bought the tickets for my Dad a couple of weeks before because the Sox were in it and it would be great to see them play the Yankees in the middle of a playoff hunt...then our Sox crashed and burned and the game didn't mean a damn thing to that season.

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Carlos Rodon has an ERA of 5.74 in games I've watched. Somehow.

Tell my dog to keep me away from the TV tonight on an extra long walk.

Or post a picture of said dog to cancel out the bad mojo.

Just now, wegner said:

I remember I had bought the tickets for my Dad a couple of weeks before because the Sox were in it and it would be great to see them play the Yankees in the middle of a playoff hunt...then our Sox crashed and burned and the game didn't mean a damn thing to that season.

I remember seeing Yankees fans strutting around as the game concluded taking pictures together and gloating, thinking wistfully "what must it be like to KNOW you're going to the playoffs and have a good shot of winning it all?"  Little did I know we would win one before they would...and pretty damn soon.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

No problems here. I'm all for heckling. Lost art.

I find it in bad taste personally. 

Talking shit between players on the field? Have at it. 

I find heckling pro athletes from the stands ridiculous. You haven't earned the right to talk shit to players unless you have the talent and work ethic to be their peer on the field. If you're not on the field with them, then STFU. 

I'm of the opinion that hecklers should get tossed from the ballpark. There's no place for that in this day and age.  

That being said, if you want to call the Sports Blab stations and rip a player a new asshole, be my guest, because that is a space for fans. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

I was at a game at Yankee Stadium sitting in CF (decent seats, like 3rd row) and at the start of the game the fans were doing their usual player intro chants and Melky turned to acknowledge the bleacher creatures just as the 1st pitch of the game was cracked and went over his head as he didn't get a good read on it, you know because his back was turned to the batter.  The cheers turned into jeers.

I had the pleasure of attending the worst loss in Yankees history, and also the worse loss across all MLB teams which were also shut out.

Cleveland 22 New York Yankees 0

Kenny Williams' white whale Javier Vazquez started and left after four outs and 6 runs. Former White Sox Esteban Loaiza gave up two separate three run home runs in the ninth. It was glorious, I stayed to the bitter end and enjoyed every second.

BALLGAME OVER

YANKEES LOSE
TTTHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YANKEESS LOOOOOSSSSSEEEEEE!

RJDYIWSAD6XKVDMALXYGMH2MG4.jpg

Edited by South Side Hit Men
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I find heckling pro athletes from the stands ridiculous. You haven't earned the right to talk shit to players unless you have the talent and work ethic to be their peer on the field. If you're not on the field with them, then STFU. 

I'm of the opinion that hecklers should get tossed from the ballpark. There's no place for that in this day and age.  

If you think hecklers are crossing a line, your mind would be blown if you went to a soccer match on the Balkans or in Greece. 😆

1 minute ago, GermanSoxFan said:

If you think hecklers are crossing a line, your mind would be blown if you went to a soccer match on the Balkans or in Greece. 😆

I'm all for players to be allowed to talk all the shit they want on the field. 

Fans yelling shit at the players? Shut up fool, you haven't earned that right. 

idk why it's acceptable. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

That being said, if you want to call the Sports Blab stations and rip a player a new asshole, be my guest, because that is a space for fans. 

Depends on the tone.  I've never seen a player laugh so hard when a fan yelled "you aren't even as good as Parker brothers" to Milton Bradley.  And he was a known nutcase.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm all for players to be allowed to talk all the shit they want on the field. 

Fans yelling shit at the players? Shut up fool, you haven't earned that right. 

idk why it's acceptable. 

you earned the right when you bought the ticket.  doesn't mean you can go after someone's family or be vulgar, but it certainly entitles you to a "YOU SUCK" and all its variants.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wegner said:

Red Sox fans are generally quite obnoxious...I'm sure they had that coming.

I'm in Boston right now on a family vacation, and I've found that a really fun way to troll Red Sox fans is to ask them how to get to War-cess-tor.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, wegner said:

Feels so great to be back at the ballpark....let's go boys!!!

This is a question for you and anyone else as I am trying to go to the game tomorrow night.

1) What time do the gates open? Is there batting practice for fans?

2) If I buy a $13 upper deck ticket, can I move into the middle area? Or will I be restricted in any capacity?

3) Anyone know the white sox starter for tomorrows game?

Thanks all.