6/8| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2765

ron883

3 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Nothing says you gotta play him when the situation changes.

The issue is with how many pitches he had already. Might as well use him as it's a full days work.

4 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I think you have too.

He was fully warmed up once you took the 2-1 lead. Have no issues with the move 

Absolutely.  

Pretty sure Katz & TLR knew that it was no longer a save situation.  😂 pretty sure they know that guys

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yeah who'd you rather have? A guy who throws 200+ innings and can probably win you 6-7 games by himself? Or a guy who throws 70 innings and depends on others to get a lead to him? I understand Tony's argument that losing games late sucks, but 1 guy in the bullpen doesn't make the whole bullpen. You still gotta cover 2-3 innings before you get it to the closer.

Ask the braves of the 90s.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Fair enough 🤕

Hendriks is a thoroughbred and a plow horse at the same time. He is fast and a workhorse. Got to keep Crochet's innings down because we want him still around for the playoffs.

There's no guarantee of course but I think the Sox  handling so far of Crochet and Kopech has been good.

It just puts a lot of pressure on the other guys like Ruiz and Marshall who came through tonight.

But the Sox definitely need 1 if not 2 more decent relievers. I'll take 1 if he's a good one.

• Like 1

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Chris Chelios was there all game so are you talking about him or some interview ? I can't watch post game here in Cali.

I kept seeing him, but kept missing out if they mentioned who he was. 

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Born in Evergreen Park . HOF type NHL defenseman played 25 yrs. in the NHL with the Blackhawks , Canadiens maybe a few other teams at the end of his career . Big Sox fan.

Dead Wings he won rings there.

7 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Dead Wings he won rings there.

I should've remembered that because the only bobblehead I have is Chelly in a Red Wings Uni holding the Cup.

2002 Limited Edition Handcrafted by Forever Collectibles #3969 of 10,024. It's heavy for a bobblehead. Might be ceramic.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

11 minutes ago, Nick_Schwam said:

Always had a great personality! 

He was a dick on the ice, loved to stir it up but everyone loved him when he played for the Hawks since he was a hometown boy and was a great American born player to boot. The NHL is different now. You really can't instigate too much anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

It was a perfect opportunity to let him bring it home in the 9th. Development and winning  the game don't have to be mutually exclusive.   Just because Hendricks was up doesn’t mean he has to pitch.

Crochet threw an inordinate number of warm up throws in the bullpen.  Bottom of the 7th was a very long inning.

• Like 1