And that is a Sox beat Jays winner!

chitownsportsfan

5 hours ago, Tony said:

Had a hunch this was going to be a fun series and Game 1 lived up to the hype. 

Jays are fun. I would be unbelievably frustrated if I was them, they were smoking the ball all over the field and felt like they had a guy in scoring position every inning.

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

Jays are fun. I would be unbelievably frustrated if I was them, they were smoking the ball all over the field and felt like they had a guy in scoring position every inning.

Most of that game it felt like Toronto was up by way more than 1 run but it just took 1 swing to tie it up.  Rodon was a magician to hold them to 1 run with how many they had on base.

3 hours ago, wegner said:

Most of that game it felt like Toronto was up by way more than 1 run but it just took 1 swing to tie it up.  Rodon was a magician to hold them to 1 run with how many they had on base.

Rodon of 2018 most likely does not get out of the 4th. This was a very strong battling performance. Reminds me of vintage Jack McDowell, who would give up 8-9 hits but none when it mattered.

• Like 1

Just now, asindc said:

Rodon of 2018 most likely does not get out of the 4th. This was a very strong battling performance. Reminds me of vintage Jack McDowell, who would give up 8-9 hits but none when it mattered.

In the post game Zoom he admitted he would have been done in the second giving up 9 runs. 

Just watched the highlights of Vaughns homer. 97 mph low and away, that is a great beat.

Vaughn is gonna put together a hell of a second half, you can just feel him starting to put it together in bits and pieces. Still has long stretches of futility that feel like they are getting more productive and shorter.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Just watched the highlights of Vaughns homer. 97 mph low and away, that is a great beat.

Vaughn is gonna put together a hell of a second half, you can just feel him starting to put it together in bits and pieces. Still has long stretches of futility that feel like they are getting more productive and shorter.

Its the swing that Paul Konerko used when he was slumping.  Stay back, go the other way.