Sox Jerseys/Gear

ron883

Have any particular Sox Jerseys or gear that you think are cool? Whether you own it or not. I'm a big fan of these 1969 jerseys. I'm thinking I will get this one. I wish they would rock these jerseys as a throwback. They're pretty slick. 

Chicago_White_Sox_16724.jpg

Edited by ron883

The white & green halfway to St Paddys day jersey.  They should go back to wearing it.  Also, the red pinstripe jersey from the 70's has always been one of my favorites.  They look sharp.

Make the gamethread, ron.

Edited by Green Line
  • Like 1

I have an authentic Konerko from a few years back but that is it. I love the 1917 uniforms and wish I would have picked up a jersey when I worked for Majetsic and they made them.

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Have any particular Sox Jerseys or gear that you think are cool? Whether you own it or not. I'm a big fan of these 1969 jerseys. I'm thinking I will get this one. I wish they would rock these jerseys as a throwback. They're pretty slick. Chicago_White_Sox_16724.jpg

Can't see the picture you embedded for some reason but the '69s are one of the coolest (and least commonly seen/worn) designs by far.

18 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Can't see the picture you embedded for some reason but the '69s are one of the coolest (and least commonly seen/worn) designs by far.

Weird, it works in my opera browser but not in chrome. 

https://www.whitesoxsportsstore.com/images/mens_mitchell_and_ness_luis_aparicio_chicago_white_sox_authentic_grey_1969_throwback_jersey-525-590.jpg

mens_mitchell_and_ness_luis_aparicio_chi

Edited by ron883

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yes, the grays in particular are really cool (and really rare).

Yeah I really like that one. Are you aware of the difference between replica and authentic? It's only $10 more for an authentic jersey. I wonder if it's worth it. 

Just now, ron883 said:

Yeah I really like that one. Are you aware of the difference between replica and authentic? It's only $10 more for an authentic jersey. I wonder if it's worth it. 

Generally authentics are significantly different (and the usual price difference much more than $10).  Heavier/higher quality fabric, stich-on vs. iron-on letters and numbers, front numbers instead of blank fronts.  It's hard to tell with these throwbacks, and I'm skeptical the difference is that great if the price span is so small, but I'd probably take a chance and order authentic.

4 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yes, the grays in particular are really cool (and really rare).

I notice how you said they are really rare. I was about to pull the trigger, but I think this site is bogus unfortunately.

https://www.whitesoxapparelstore.com/Mens_Luis_Aparicio_Chicago_White_Sox_Replica_Grey_1969_Throwback_Jersey_by_Mitchell_and_Ness-699.aspx

7 minutes ago, ron883 said:

I notice how you said they are really rare. I was about to pull the trigger, but I think this site is bogus unfortunately.

https://www.whitesoxapparelstore.com/Mens_Luis_Aparicio_Chicago_White_Sox_Replica_Grey_1969_Throwback_Jersey_by_Mitchell_and_Ness-699.aspx

Was just going to respond with the same thought.  There's no way these prices are right.  This is one of those China knockoff stores with official-sounding names.  Got my son a football jersey from one of these last year and the product was total garbage (the numbers were almost comically off-center). You can find the baby blue jersey in the store at the stadium and at Grandstand, though, but an authentic will cost you more than double this.

42 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I don’t see your photo either on Apple.

Here is a photo of their 1969.

b372706ab1b7c6f1d370b970373db4c9.jpg

I love their 1972-1975 uniforms.

pitcher-wilbur-wood-of-the-chicago-white

3e7c9c07efdfde1c0b7df6c141cace52.jpg

I’m not a big jersey guy, but a friend bought me the baby blue one in the middle pic. It’s a Dick Allen #15, and it is beautiful. Can’t wait to wear it to a game.

Before the season, I emailed Brooks Boyer to consider it as the Sunday alt (as a tribute to Dick Allen and because I’m sick of the ‘83s). He said he likes the idea, but it was too late to do it for this season. I’m going to follow up and suggest it again. Next year will be the 50th anniversary of Allen’s MVP season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Green Line said:

The white & green halfway to St Paddys day jersey.  They should go back to wearing it.  Also, the red pinstripe jersey from the 70's has always been one of my favorites.  They look sharp.

Make the gamethread, ron.

I have a pair of Mark Teahen's authentic, game-worn halfway to St. Pat's game pants with the green pinstripes. Buddy saw them on eBay for $40 years ago and bought them for me in lieu of payment on a bet.

And no, I have no idea what to actually do with a pair of another man's pants.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Mitchell and ness used to sell it, but I don’t think they’re making them anymore. I realize this is very unhelpful. 

Ah man what a shame. Thats one if the coolest jerseys I have ever seen. Why the hell do the Sox always rock the 83 jerseys instead of something like the 1969 jerseys? 

Haven’t bought a jersey in years, but went through a weird phase back in the day 

Maggs

Billy Koch (for real)

Pierzynski

Rowand

Jenks

Brian Anderson (44 jersey)

BA ended my jersey career.