6/9| White Sox vs Jays | 7:10PM CT | TLR going for #2766

ron883

Was a great game last night! Took my buddy to his first ever MLB game and he loved it. Tried to get a Southside jersey but they are still sold out :( I need to start pregaming or tailgating needs to open up soon as $100+ beer tabs can't be a normal occurrence for me LOL

2 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Thank you.  The worst ever was when I was wearing a Sox jersey and a late '80s "C" Sox hat and some idiots got in my face telling me to "pick a side" (thinking it was a Cubs hat).  There are some idiots out there.

You're too generous.

And I love that the Sox have a wide variety of hats to choose from over the years.  Besides why in the hell would you get in someone's face about wearing a baseball hat?  F... the BlueJays?!?  You just won the game, have some class damnit.

Just now, Green Line said:

Somebody did throw it back against the O's.  Every in the park was cheering him on, too.  We seem to have picked up a lot of Cubs bandwagoners... smh.

Yep, against the Rangers, too. They then get the honor of being thrown out of the stadium...while bandwagoners cheer and die-hards shake their heads and avoid eye contact out of shame for the offenders. 

1 minute ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Yep, against the Rangers, too. They then get the honor of being thrown out of the stadium...while bandwagoners cheer and die-hards shake their heads and avoid eye contact out of shame for the offenders. 

THROW IT BACK

THROW HIM OUT

16 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

People get on me for my Birmingham Barons hat, thinking it's a Tigers hat. Then again, the entire stadium now seems to chant "throw it back" every time the opposition hits a home run, so I am close to giving up on the in-person fan population. 😉

9 minutes ago, wegner said:

I was reevaluating my stance earlier in the day about the over the top obnoxiousness of Red Sawx fans as I was hearing it from those yahoos. I'm thinking c'mon man I am wearing a White Sox Jersey.  Know your minor league affiliates you drunken baseball imbeciles :D

There are a lot of stupid people out there.

Not sure where to post this promo, but figured many here would be interested.

I attended one for the Goose Island beer distributors in 2019, and it was awesome. They had an assortment of Goose Island beers in a cooler and on tap available on the field (would be Revolution for this event) and a buffet spread. You can hit batting practice a few times, shag balls in the outfield, go where you like on the field (besides the infield which is covered). A great experience. The one drawback for folks looking to take their kids is the fact these events are restricted to 21 and older due to the sponsor.

Revolution's Anti-Hero IPA is excellent, worth a shot picking up a twelve pack if you drink beer and like IPAs.

Enjoying one of their beers now, their excellent West Coast IPA, aka West Coast Hero. You won't get free tickets with this beer, but also worth buying as it's a great beer.

Go Sox! Go Revolution!

IMG-6138.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Going to the game tonight! Loving the discussion on others experiences!

if i bought the upper deck 13$ ticket, will i be able to enter the normal mid level at all? Or will i be shunned upstairs immediately?

1 minute ago, iWiN4PreP said:

if i bought the upper deck 13$ ticket, will i be able to enter the normal mid level at all? Or will i be shunned upstairs immediately?

Have fun at the game! Be sure to expect long lines and a little confusion at times. But the experience will be amazing. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

They had to scan my ticket to get to the 100 level so I do not think you can get there with an upper deck ticket but I would like to hear other's opinions on that as well for clarification.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, South Side Hit Men said:

This goes for traditional stats as well. Saving one’s best pitcher for the final three outs for a 3 run save statistic (or not even playing them on the road without a lead), while pitching your worst bullpen pitching options in the highest leverage situations.

In a close game, the only stat a manager should prioritize is a team win, period.

Agreed. Just different people approach it differently.  I disagree with your approach But it's fine. The ninth inning in a win is always the highest leverage as it been shown time and again that many good pitchers don't have the mentality for it. It takes a special mindset to do it in a regular basis.

5 minutes ago, wegner said:

They had to scan my ticket to get to the 100 level so I do not think you can get there with an upper deck ticket but I would like to hear other's opinions on that as well for clarification.

Yes they are scanning tickets at the 100 level. There are 2 lines on each side to get through the walkway onto the main concourse. If you really want I'm sure you can sneak by while one of the attendants is scanning someone else's phone or act like you are a part of a family/group that has multiple tickets on one phone. Just play dumb if you get caught.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

There are a lot of stupid people out there.

Not sure where to post this promo, but figured many here would be interested.

I attended one for the Goose Island beer distributors in 2019, and it was awesome. They had an assortment of Goose Island beers in a cooler and on tap available on the field (would be Revolution for this event) and a buffet spread. You can hit batting practice a few times, shag balls in the outfield, go where you like on the field (besides the infield which is covered). A great experience. The one drawback for folks looking to take their kids is the fact these events are restricted to 21 and older due to the sponsor.

Revolution's Anti-Hero IPA is excellent, worth a shot picking up a twelve pack if you drink beer and like IPAs.

Enjoying one of their beers now, their excellent West Coast IPA, aka West Coast Hero. You won't get free tickets with this beer, but also worth buying as it's a great beer.

Go Sox! Go Revolution!

IMG-6138.jpg

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Agreed. Just different people approach it differently.  I disagree with your approach But it's fine. The ninth inning in a win is always the highest leverage as it been shown time and again that many good pitchers don't have the mentality for it. It takes a special mindset to do it in a regular basis.

I agree not every is suited for closing out a game, and that pitchers typically like to know what situations they will be called upon. But there are times when it would be more effective to bring in Bummer or Hendriks in a tied game with tough hitters in the 7th or 8th.

Katz said on Spiegel's show that he is discussing this aspect with Tony, and that it is possible Tony will change his hesitation of using Hendriks on the road for anything other than a save opportunity (or after it is too late, like when he was called in with bases already loaded in NY). Sometimes, the offense will come through, like last night, where a "save" isn't even in play.

1 minute ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I agree not every is suited for closing out a game, and that pitchers typically like to know what situations they will be called upon. But there are times when it would be more effective to bring in Bummer or Hendriks in a tied game with tough hitters in the 7th or 8th.

Katz said on Spiegel's show that he is discussing this aspect with Tony, and that it is possible Tony will change his hesitation of using Hendriks on the road for anything other than a save opportunity (or after it is too late, like when he was called in with bases already loaded in NY). Sometimes, the offense will come through, like last night, where a "save" isn't even in play.

I would agree with Bummer.  In the early high leverage situations a better pitcher should be there. I would save Hendricks though. It's not so much for the save stat as it is the mentality. 

1 hour ago, ptatc said:

People who rely on stats such WAR, wRC+, etc. do it all the time. They are more worried about predictive stats as opposed to actual performance.

Stats like WAR and wRC+ (especially the latter) are measuring actual performance though, they're not meant to be predictive stats.

17 minutes ago, wegner said:

Not to derail the gamethread (if that is even possible) but the woman who is often in Jack O'shea videos is muy caliente!!

that was brutal, do people find that stuff funny?  I guess on Youtube there's always someone.  I don't even like IPAs that much anymore and won't defend them tho.  The citra IPA fad is fucking awful.  Battery acid.  Give me a nicely hopped Two Hearted or Alpha King once and awhile but citra IPAs are disgusting and people only drink them because they don't like the taste of better beers.

14 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

Stats like WAR and wRC+ (especially the latter) are measuring actual performance though, they're not meant to be predictive stats.

That's true. I should have other examples of predictive ones not wRC+.

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

that was brutal, do people find that stuff funny?  I guess on Youtube there's always someone.  I don't even like IPAs that much anymore and won't defend them tho.  The citra IPA fad is fucking awful.  Battery acid.  Give me a nicely hopped Two Hearted or Alpha King once and awhile but citra IPAs are disgusting and people only drink them because they don't like the taste of better beers.

For me, I love gumballhead...is that considered an IPA?

• Fire 1

2 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Agreed. Not an IPA fan. I prefer the less bitter lower IBU beers like heifeweiss. Nothing better than a good chewy heifeweiss. 

1 hour ago, DoUEvenShift said:

Was a great game last night! Took my buddy to his first ever MLB game and he loved it. Tried to get a Southside jersey but they are still sold out :( I need to start pregaming or tailgating needs to open up soon as $100+ beer tabs can't be a normal occurrence for me LOL

Go to Cork and Kerrys!

11 minutes ago, hogan873 said:

Technically a wheat ale.  But it has some decent hops to it.  Quite delicious.

I discovered that brew thanks to the Beer Thread I believe you started a ways back.  I tried Zombie Dust first per your suggestion and then moved on to gumballhead, which is currently my go to beer while watching the Sox or a Star Chicken ShotGun if I can find it.