Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled

2Deep

4 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’d be surprised. He’s been terrible and hasn’t even been playing everyday. Looks like he’s been playing some 1B and DH too. 

Just saw Marco Hernandez is hitting .333. 

I think it would probably be someone on the 40-man though so they don't have to make room.

7 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Just saw Marco Hernandez is hitting .333. 

I think it would probably be someone on the 40-man though so they don't have to make room.

ReyLo is the next man up on the chopping block IMO.  He's been even worse in AAA.  The Sox have called up Stiever, Lambert, Burdi, and Burr over him.  They've probably been trying to dump him to no avail for awhile now.

2 minutes ago, YourWhatHurts said:

ReyLo is the next man up on the chopping block IMO.  He's been even worse in AAA.  The Sox have called up Stiever, Lambert, Burdi, and Burr over him.  They've probably been trying to dump him to no avail for awhile now.

That's true.

2 hours ago, reiks12 said:

Half this board. They got their wish to see mendick full time now. Im sure they are thrilled

Madrigal has been playing good baseball for a while now.  Losing good Madrigal does hurt.  That said, we are in much better shape swapping Madrigal for Mendick than we were swapping out Eloy and especially Robert with in-house options.

Realistically, I don't know if Crochet works as a headliner for the DBacks in a Marte deal.  He might.  Vaughn does.  Kopech does.  But if we want to keep all of those guys then we aren't getting Marte.  Even if they take Crochet, the back part of the package could hurt.  And I really don't think giving up Crochet is necessary or justified especially for a guy whose positions are already covered long-term.

I know there will be rumors about Marte but that's just not realistic.  Peralta is realistic but the DBacks are still going to try to get a potentially solid MLB player out of him who is ready now or close, like Lambert, Stiever, or Burger.  I wouldn't do any of those deals because I don't think the need is strong enough to warrant it.  It's important to note that we are potentially losing 2 SPs to FA after the year, and even though we are gaining Kopech, Keuchel will be a year older and probably continuing to trend down.

• Like 1

I'd do Kelley, Sanchez, Vera and Dbacks can pick one of the 40 man OF in Adolfo/Rutherford/Gonzalez for Ketel Marte.  Sucks to lose Kelley, but Marte signed thru 22 and has options for 23-24 and can play all over the diamond.  Fills in for Madrigal while he's out, eventually shifts to the OF later this year and next.  

I doubt the Dbacks would take that trade tho.  

11 minutes ago, YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! said:

They typically don’t provide updates for these kind of things until some time in the afternoon.

5 minutes ago, Tnetennba said:

I don't think we hear anything until the early afternoon honestly, good or bad.  

maybe im remembering wrong but the good news comes out early it always seems like. 

10 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I'd do Kelley, Sanchez, Vera and Dbacks can pick one of the 40 man OF in Adolfo/Rutherford/Gonzalez for Ketel Marte.  Sucks to lose Kelley, but Marte signed thru 22 and has options for 23-24 and can play all over the diamond.  Fills in for Madrigal while he's out, eventually shifts to the OF later this year and next.  

I doubt the Dbacks would take that trade tho.  

Oh yeah, I'd most def do this for Marte, but I don't think it comes close. I think you'd need to basically upgrade the first three from Kelley to Crochet, Sanchez to Burger, and Vera to Dalquist or Thompson.

If Kelley had been dominating so far, Sanchez been raking, etc. different story.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, reiks12 said:

maybe im remembering wrong but the good news comes out early it always seems like. 

All I've seen on twitter so far this morning is a Sun Times article stating that he will be reevaluated today.  Even if the eval and MRIs are already done, I still don't think they release that info for a few more hours.  Maybe if it were a day game but even then I doubt we would hear much before noon.