Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled

2Deep

15 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This would be a strong argument for giving extra rest to your regulars proactively, beyond what you would do in a normal season. 

On a related topic, the last time Yoan Moncada had a game off was April 19.

12 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Going forward, after everyone is healthy, the only hole in this team's roster of position players is RF. Therefore, a rental makes the most sense to me. Given the Diamondbacks' position and the existing relationship with La Russa, my guess is that Escobar would be a realistic acquisition. He's in the final year of a 3 year contract, and is owed the balance of his $7.5 million dollar 2021 salary. It probably would not take any top prospects to acquire him. He could provide power from both sides of the plate, as well as solid defense at 2ND base. That's my hunch.

I wouldn't mind getting him back. He's been a solid player for a while now.

13 minutes ago, ron883 said:

If it requires surgery, is that very bad?

It means the tear is bad enough that they don't think the ends are close enough that they'll heal together.  As I said earlier the proximal attachment is a bad area for a tear as it hurts all of the hamstrings and there is no chance compensation. 

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

This would be a strong argument for giving extra rest to your regulars proactively, beyond what you would do in a normal season. 

The games he's supposed to have off keep getting rained out

Would take a bit of creativity but Moustakis is due back from a heal injury and India has settled in nicely at 2B for the Reds. Reds would need to eat a chunk of Moustakis contract and desperately need pitching (Sonny Gray on DL). Reds are only 5 games back in the Central. Moustakis would be a great 2 hole hitter who can play 2nd or 3rd. Maybe we can pry Antone away as part of a package. Moustakis and Antone for Steiver, Lopez and ???

8 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

TLR has been doing that and posters complain about it

11 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don't believe you actually believe these things. I think people use this board for different reasons, and that you have a tendency to use the board in a very particular way. Ask yourself if it's fair to everyone else here -- especially right now -- for you to use it in the way you do.

Idk what you’re trying to say, because I truly believe they should sell Lynn/Rodon if they can't reach an extension with Lynn. I think they should trade Rodon regardless, and slide Kopech in his spot. 

6 minutes ago, Flash said:

Would take a bit of creativity but Moustakis is due back from a heal injury and India has settled in nicely at 2B for the Reds. Reds would need to eat a chunk of Moustakis contract and desperately need pitching (Sonny Gray on DL). Reds are only 5 games back in the Central. Moustakis would be a great 2 hole hitter who can play 2nd or 3rd. Maybe we can pry Antone away as part of a package. Moustakis and Antone for Steiver, Lopez and ???

we would have to give more prospects up just for giving them lopez

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

Let Sheets keep playing on the moon until it’s time to make a trade

Can you imagine the #s guys would rack up if we could put an affiliate on the moon?!?  Coors Field effect X 10,000.

I don't understand...he put up such great power numbers on Titan!!!

Sorry...probably watching too much Futurama.

Edited by wegner
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And Tim and Jose are typically only off when they are injured.

I understand it’s Tony’s “job” to “win everyday”, but it’s Hahn’s job to instruct La Russa in terms of managing for the long term, losing certain battles to “win the war”. Not sure if Hahn has the same input regarding the lineup as he had with Ricky.

Not assigning blame for any of these injuries to Tony, just saying this is hopefully there is a healthy working relationship between the two. I believe Tony / FO has managed the pitching staff well, and also juggling the hitters / lineup well.

That said, it would be ideal for Tim, Jose and Yoan to be off, ON DIFFERENT DAYS,  at least twice a month to keep them fresh. I know Jose is adamantly against even an inning off, but you need to explain the importance of having periodic days off, for the good of the player and team.

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

You want to know what's crazy? 

while no guarantee, I think there's still a possibility that the Sox make the playoffs even without Rodon/Lynn, with Kopech sliding into the rotation. 

I don't think they're winning the WS anyway this year so I don't understand the outrage. 

You don't have to win the world series for this to be a successful season. You know what could do long term damage?  Blowing up a team that is 4 games in 1st place in a weak assed division. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

57 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

If I'm Hahn, I'm not trading for any rentals. Any acquisition would have to have 3+ years of control. A smart FO would spend the next 4 weeks negotiating with Lynn/Rodon and if they can't reach an agreement with either, then move them. Let the chips fall where they may. This season is cursed and not meant to be. 

The Sox have no depth whatsoever and it's being exposed. Rentals would be for if they were mostly healthy. 

Rub one out brother and everything will be ok