Madrigal goes on 60 day DL, Hamstring tear: Goodwin recalled

2Deep

Just now, Tony said:

Absolutely brutal. The pitching has stayed intact (For now, please knock on wood) but I don't know if these guys can survive another position player going down. 

Yep the offense needs legitimate reinforcements immediately.  No waiting around for others to return, as there’s no telling when the pitching might fade.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Time to make some trades Rick.

Not yet. See how the next three weeks go. I don't the Sox going into a dramatic tailspin. You wait it out, see how guys perform. 

They still need to "go for it" this year but they also have to balance the lack of depth in the farm. 

Additionally, you have your entire lineup set for 2021, so the piece in theory should be a rental. 

I'm sure they get aggressive, and I agree a move needs to be made...but I wouldn't panic yet. 

Just now, fathom said:

Yep the offense needs legitimate reinforcements immediately.  No waiting around for others to return, as there’s no telling when the pitching might fade.

Just puts us in such a weird spot now too.  I like being as aggressive as anyone but I'm not sure what the hell we can add without taking away from the Major League roster.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Not yet. See how the next three weeks go. I don't the Sox going into a dramatic tailspin. You wait it out, see how guys perform. 

They still need to "go for it" this year but they also have to balance the lack of depth in the farm. 

Additionally, you have your entire lineup set for 2021, so the piece in theory should be a rental. 

I'm sure they get aggressive, and I agree a move needs to be made...but I wouldn't panic yet. 

RF is still open for next year, and I’m sure I will get blasted for this but Madrigal is too injury prone to just be given a spot going forward.